To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Berkeley, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
School District Nurse - RN
Maxim Healthcare Services • Berkeley, CA
Posted 1 month ago
The main job responsibilities of school nurses include:
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety
- Overseeing infection control measures
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team
- Current CA Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs