Westlake Financial Services is the largest privately held finance company in the United States with demonstrated 30% growth year over year. Founded in 1988, Westlake’s currently manages an $8 Billion loan portfolio. We are currently seeking a sharp and dedicated Accountant to support the increasing demands of the Corporate Accounting Department due to growth. This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager.
- Prepare consolidated Financial Statements
- Prepare month end journal entries and supporting documents
- Prepare month end flux analysis
- Prepare asset and liability account reconciliations
- Reconcile multiple bank accounts
- Maintain compliance with department policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Assist with problem solving and provide recommendations on process improvements
- Attains an understanding GAAP
- Proficient in Word & Excel
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Able to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- PREFERRED: Knowledge and use of Great Plains.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- One to two years of general accounting experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K with Matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program with Matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit
- Employee Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
- Rental Car Discounts
- Employee Loan Assistance
- Onsite DMV
- Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick days
- On-site gym (free for all employees)
Standard Accounting Practices
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: SENIO03156
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1958, the Hankey Family owned 25% of Midway Ford; Don Hankey acquired full ownership of the Ford franchise dealership in 1972. Midway Ford is the originating company of the Hankey Group. Midway Car Rental and Westlake Financial Services began as complimentary business extensions of Midway Ford, providing rental car service and financing to Midway Ford customers who couldn’t get financing elsewhere. Each Hankey Group company holds a symbiotic relationship to the other. HFC Acceptance, a fleet finance and leasing company, focused on commercial financing to rental agencies that purchased vehicles from Midway Ford. Nowcom’s DealerCenter provides a multi-lender and DMS platform for used car dealerships, featuring Westlake Financial Services as a preferred lender. Additionally, Nowcom provides IT support for all Hankey Group companies. Hankey Investment Company is a private real estate investment firm that procures real estate for Hankey Group and manages around $1.7B in assets, comprised of real properties ($743M) and commercial loans ($972M). Since 1985, Knight Insurance Company, a Cayman Islands company, together with its domestic affiliates KnightBrook Insurance Company and Knight Specialty Insurance Company, have partnered with North Hollywood Toyota, Westlake Financial and Midway Auto Group to provide consumers with various auto-related insurance products and services.
View the full profile