Robert Half Technology has joined forces with a company in the Oil & Gas - Pipeline industry to fill a Programmer Analyst role. They need a master of software and applications programming and industry requirements to create and define systems scope and objectives. In this role, you would provide recommendations for developing or modifying applications or databases, using research and fact-finding. This is a long-term temporary-to-full-time Programmer Analyst role based in Houston, Texas. Apply today.
- Serves as the in-house guide for internal clients experiencing programming problems, consulting on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting the issues. Consultation can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Reviews and documents code problems, working with other programmers to correct them
- Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
- Provides continuing support for end users and other partner groups through continuing training and assistance for a specific application, system or process
- Creates dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst, and manages updates to maintain them
- Collaborates on establishing communication materials for specific system changes being implemented in production
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
- Examines user requests for changes or improvements to systems. Writes functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Makes recommendations about how, when or whether to make the changes
- Strong project planning and management tasks, business systems support functions and project costing techniques
- Angular JS experience
- Strong familiarity with MVC Framework
- Command of Microsoft SQL
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Good working understanding of programming languages
- Comprehension of PC and mainframe hardware/software
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Systems Development Life Cycle