A Design Engineer job in Branford, CT is currently available through Belcan at one of our key manufacturing clients. This is a direct, permanent position with our aerospace client. To be considered for this role, you will have a B.S. Degree Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, along with 5 years of experience with component design such as sensors and harnesses. In this role you will direct, coordinate, and execute all aspects of new product development. Responsibilities include control, integration and completion of engineering projects. You will also communicate and coordinate activities with other engineering disciplines and production as part of a team effort to achieve project completion in a timely manner.
Design Engineer Job Responsibilities:
* Design and develop high performance sensors/harness to be used in aerospace industry
* Lead development and execution of tactical projects to deliver Time, Cost, Budget and DFMA-Q targets
* Perform Risk analyses and develop mitigation plan for technical, schedule, and material aspects of project
* Create 3D models, assembly drawings, BOM for sensors/harness components, tools and fixtures
* Perform FEA to estimate static stress, thermal analysis, resonance frequencies, etc. and validate the model
* Create draft for Manufacturing Instructions to ensure DFMA-Q and ensure predictability by hands-on prototyping
* Develop capabilities for manufacturing, assembling and testing sensors/harness and do Design Verification Testing
* Perform Reliability Analysis, Failure analysis and Problem solving to ensure reliable product development
* Create and maintain appropriate projects documentation to meet internal and AS9100 requirements
* Perform DFMEA and work with manufacturing engineering on PFMEA
* Maintain appropriate project documentation
* Provide support to Chief Engineer with various aspect of project management like preparing projects proposals, assessing customer requirements, creating concept drawings, performing cost analysis, creating compliance matrix, etc.
* Up to 20% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary
Design Engineer Job Requirements:
* B.S. Degree Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
* 5 years of experience with component design such as sensors and harnesses
* Hands-on experience developing component level parts and products on multiple projects
* Experience with SolidWorks &/or CATIA
* Knowledge of performing FEA to estimate static stress due to mechanical and thermal loads, calculate resonance frequencies, etc.
* Knowledge and experience of manufacturing processes such as casting, machining, brazing, welding, potting, plating
* Knowledge and experience with Design for Manufacturability & Assembly and Quality (DFMA-Q)
* Hands-on experience developing tools, fixtures, test systems
* Knowledge and experience Testing and Validation processes
If you are interested in this Design Engineer job in Branford, CT please apply via the "'apply now"' link provided"'.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, and clerical fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing