To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lanham, MD 20706
- Maximus, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Maximus, Inc. • Lanham, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain a stable and efficient infrastructure to optimize service delivery across production, QA, and development environments throughout the development life cycle
- Monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and continuously improve building, packaging, and deployment processes
- Implement automated infrastructure capabilities like backups, security tools, monitoring
- Utilize a consistent DevOps approach to improve all phases of the process and ensure end-to-end quality across functions
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience with automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of deployment/configuration management and version control tools
- Experience with network infrastructure, database, cloud and data center operations, and security protocols
- Experience with programming and scripting languages
- Work is highly independent
- May assume a team lead role for the work group
- A specialist on complex technical and business matters
PROJECT SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Ability to provide technical thought leadership based on DevOps Handbook to collaboratively work with a team (as an engineer) that maintains an enterprise Jenkins pipeline.
- Integrates DevOps technical components with Enterprise IRS initiatives like the Enterprise Container Platform (platform as a service) and Infrastructure as Code initiative (IAC where V-realize is one of the targeted tools)
- Write scripts and small utilities, automate deployments, and evaluate pipelines against industry and in-house standards
- Follow and automate steps involved with onboarding projects, document the tasks, implement needed enhancements; enforce and develop standards related Trunk- based development and the definitions of done
- Assist project team members in adopting CI/CD pipeline and practices that ensure maximum utilization of pipeline features
- Collaboratively work with existing team leveraging agile methodology (ex: participate in daily stand ups and other scrum ceremonies)
- Educate IRS ECP stakeholders on best practices on container adoption in areas of security, processes/procedures, maintenance, etc.
- Support development of the DevOps Automated Testing Strategy document and identification and onboarding of projects for automated regression testing
- Assist with capturing metrics for CICD and DevOps initiatives
- Perform knowledge transfer by partnering with IRS employees to share technical expertise, and knowledge acquired through supporting the technical discussions, processes, and delivery of the CI/CD pipeline and all integration points
- Develop and propose containerization solutions compatible with IRS DevOps Practice
- Evaluate software tools for orchestration, IaC, PaaS, and containerization solutions
- Troubleshoot orchestration, IaC, PaaS, containerization, CICD, and automated testing solutions
PROJECT SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required, an additional four (4) years of related work experience can substitute for a degree; preferred degree in Engineering or Information Technology related major
Minimum ten (10) years working in an IT platform engineering environment or related field
- Experience with source control tools such as GIT, SVN, Jenkins CI/CD
- Experience with system configuration, management, and virtualization and VMware environments
- Experience using automation technologies such as Ansible to automate server builds, installation, configuration, and change management
- Scripting experience (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, shell, WLST, JBoss CLI, Bash/KSH)
- Working experience with cloud technologies
- Experience with VMware vRealize and the planning, installing, configuring and troubleshooting of products such as: Operations Manager, Automation, Log Insight, Network Insight
- Experience working with automation Tools like Jenkins, Chef
- Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) experience using OpenShift by Red Hat
- Experience working with API's
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, New Relic and Cloudwatch
- Knowledge in the design and configuration of cloud services
- Experience working with application servers such as Apache Tomcat, Node.js, or RedHat JBoss
- Understanding of network topology and technologies such as firewalls, load-balancers, DNS, VPN, NAT
- Hands on experience with some of these tools: Sonar, Ant, Maven scripting tool, AppScan, Jacoco, bash/c/shell scripting, python
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across organizations
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing Enterprise level systems
- Excellent attention to detail capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and guidance
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
PREFERRED: IRS system and data knowledge experience
Additional Requirements, as per contract/client:
- Candidates must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk MBI clearance is a plus)
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card status) for 3 years, and be Federal Tax compliant
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.