KB Home, a Fortune 1000 NYSE company and one of America's premier homebuilders, has an immediate employment opportunity available. The Company operates in 38 markets in 8 states across the nation.
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest homebuilders in the United States, with more than 600,000 homes delivered since our founding in 1957. We operate in 38 markets in eight states, primarily serving first-time and first move-up homebuyers, as well as second move-up and active adults. We are differentiated in offering customers the ability to personalize what they value most in their home, from choosing their lot, floor plan, and exterior, to selecting design and décor choices in our KB Home Studios. In addition, our industry leadership in sustainability helps to lower the cost of homeownership for our buyers compared to a typical resale home. We take a broad approach to sustainability, encompassing energy efficiency, water conservation, healthier indoor environments, smart home capabilities and waste reduction. KB Home is the first national builder to have earned awards under all of the U.S. EPA's homebuilder programs - ENERGY STAR®, WaterSense® and Indoor airPLUS®.
KB Home is searching for a Vice President of Land Acquisition to add to their team in Tampa, FL.
- Manage the land acquisition department
- Acquire and entitle the land necessary to meet division goals and projections. Prospect for potential land acquisition opportunities
- Provide information for, and participate in the preparation of preliminary proforma financial analysis for land opportunities
- Negotiate terms and specific language to be included in purchase and sale agreements
- Manage the preparation and approval of all entitlement documents required for new land purchases
- Manage land purchases through entitlement processes
- Regularly attend City Council and Planning Commission meetings
- Provide information for and participate in the coordination of land acquisition packages (proforma's) for corporate approval
- Actively monitor key performance dates
- Review escrow instructions and closing documents
- Review title reports, and coordinate title objection letters to sellers
- Review CC&R's and design guidelines
- Prepare summarization of proposed acquisitions
- Manage priorities and accountability on the part of others who are preparing information for you
- College degree and 7-10 years land acquisition experience
- Knowledge of homebuilding and land development costs
- Knowledge of building and permit fees
- Knowledge of political environment and ability to form political relationships. Understand market trends, pricing, growth and supply
- Detailed and results oriented
- Observant, creative and investigative
- Effective at human relation skills and maintaining business relationships
- Must have excellent negotiation and financial skills
- Active listener. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of profit margins and return on net assets
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while keeping track of priorities so that all intended objectives are met
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Solutions, RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Mergers And Acquisitions