LAN WAN ENGINEER
Location: Eagan, MN 55121
Main responsibilities that the candidate will be responsible for:
- Interfacing with various teams, vendors, clients and others for the implementation and support of networking products and services
- Install and support various Data Center and Enterprise routing and switching infrastructure (maintain edge, core, aggregation and access layer Network devices).
- Contribute to Data Center and Enterprise LAN/WAN environments and overall network future infrastructure architecture and support strategy.
- Work with Service Providers to document and install data network circuits
- Install and support the LAN and WAN environment at all locations
- Collaborate with other staff and departments to meet department and project deadlines.
- Collaborate with IT Security departments to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Document network infrastructure changes
- Use ITIL process and procedures for change, incident and problem management of perimeter network environments.
- Other duties as assigned
What are the MUST have skills that you are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Cisco certification or equivalent experience
- 5+ years extensive technical experience in a variety of Networking areas, including:
- Design, implement and support of :
- Cisco IOS Hardware
- Cisco Nexus Hardware
- Routing technologies (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- WAN Technologies(MPLS)
- Experience with other IT infrastructure technologies including network, and security perimeter technologies in a converged voice/data network environment.
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work equally well in team or independent situations
- Experience with:
- regulatory compliance requirements ( such as HIPAA and PCI)
- IDS/IPS Platforms
- local and global Load Balancing
- Firewalls, IDS and IPS (Cisco, Checkpoint)
- DNS, DHCP, NTP, IPAM
- NAC (Network Access Control) Platforms
- PKI, RADIUS, RSA, TACACS
- auditing and assessment tools such as Tufin and Qualys
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and business analysis skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Network Access Control
Border Gateway Protocol
Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (Tacacs)
Wide Area Networks