The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is seeking a leader for its Pacific South Coast market to join our dynamic team and do life changing work. We are calling on you to join us. Find your place in this movement. We need you. Together, we will create a world free of MS.
You will engage community leaders throughout the territory in achieving Society priorities -- most importantly, in raising funds. You will passionately and effectively communicate about the Society's research, services and advocacy strategies and the Society's impact on the lives of people affected by MS. You would ensure a deep understanding of the communities in this territory and an ability to engage with a wide range of people. This market has an annual revenue of $5.5M. You would be based out of our San Diego office with regular travel as needed to the Santa Ana office as well as to the Orange County.
You will ensure consistency in the implementation of operational plans--always contributing to continuous improvement. As a member of the Society Leadership and Management Team, you will ensure a Society-wide perspective and clearly articulate and model the Society culture. You will ensure the Society's operating principles are reflected in staff and volunteer behaviors. The trust and confidence in the Society of all constituent groups reflects your effectiveness.
For more information about the National MS Society, please visit our website at www.nationalmssociety.org
1. Ensure Leadership volunteer engagement in communities throughout the territory 30%
• Build trust and confidence in the Society as the leadership executive in an assigned territory.
• Develop and cultivate an active and engaged Board of Trustees and Community Engagement Committee.
• Coach and develop staff and volunteers to be effective at community engagement.
• Identify leadership volunteer talent for Society committees. Expand and deepen involvement of volunteers throughout the Society.
• Ensure a consistent experience for people affected by MS, volunteers and participants, regardless of where people live.
2. Drive revenue growth 60%
• Participate in setting and ensuring the achievement of revenue targets; using Society metrics, plans and tools for effective management and plan execution.
• Ensure the Board of Trustees supports and is engaged in the achievement of revenue targets.
• Ensure an active and engaged Donor Relations committee.
• Identify, cultivate, steward and recognize top relationships. Manage a portfolio of top relationships and participate in relationship management teams.
• Identify new and potential donors through community connections.
• Ensure effective volunteer event committees and volunteer engagement is aligned to Society revenue plans.
3. Increase operational effectiveness and capacity 10%
• Demonstrate a commitment to all Society staff growth and development. Actively participate in the professional development plans and activities of staff.
• Identify, develop and grow staff and volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
• Ensure staff and volunteer leadership behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
• Participate in decision-making and professional development as a member of the Society Leadership and Management Team.
• Provide leadership in annual budget development.
• Ensure operations are effectively managed and aligned with Society practices; adhering to all Society policies and procedures.
• Maintain a strong sense of teamwork and foster a positive working environment.
• 8 years demonstrated successful leadership experience with a history of job growth and advancement, preferably with non-profit organizations.
• Experience working in a cross functional and complex reporting structure.
• Experience in portfolio management and working with top relationships (donors, fundraisers, teams, corporate and community partners).
• Experience working with top special events fundraisers and in developing and cultivating relationships to secure gifts and contributions from individuals and corporations.
• Experience in community engagement and volunteer development.
• Experience in contributing to building revenue and expense budgets, forecasting and resource development.
• Proven ability to meet revenue goals.
• A successful track record of working with high performing staff teams and creating positive workplace environments.
• Demonstrated success in developing and engaging effective non-profit boards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in leading productive communications and group facilitation which include expression of conflict and passion, employee development, assessment and coaching, matrix management and decision making, and consensus building.
• Must demonstrate superior skills in gaining the trust and confidence of a wide range of people, providing strong leadership and influence without specific named authority.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, constituent relationship management, and online meeting tools.
• Strong public speaking, presentation and writing skills required.
• Knowledge of employee relations practices.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
• This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
• Availability to work occasional nights and weekends to support events, committee meetings, etc.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled