To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- FONTANA, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
DSV • FONTANA, CA
Posted 24 days ago
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Job Posting Title: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager is responsible for directing the daily & weekly activities of the operation, including labor scheduling, supervision and proper space utilization, equipment and manpower. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems. Under the direction General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for managing the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
As part of the DSV team, associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Oversee operations and receiving/distribution functions
● Handle Customer Relations and employee development
● Implementation of safety, housekeeping, and security programs
● Inventory Accountability for products
● Administrative functions such as month-end documentation, oversee counseling and evaluations, and any other administrative duties required by the General Manager
● Ensure support for Quality Improvement and Safety Meetings
● Maintain Quality Compliance, ensure Metrics Compliance
● Develop a strategy for meeting cost targets
● Cover GM in their absence
● Implements and reports on-going cost savings measures. Provides ideas and suggestions for more efficient operations.
● Meets all client specified KPI’s, and complies with Quality system requirements.
Management Information Systems
Ensures all team members are properly trained and efficient in the required information systems (including WMS systems) to meet company and client objectives and facilitate the efficient operation of the facility. Ensures that necessary computer software and hardware are purchased in accordance with Corporate IT policies and guidelines. Remains knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology. Develops proficiency in client systems.
Manages high level customer service standards for all functions. Assures that client accounts receive the required level of operational and administrative support. Maintains appropriate contact with all functions and respond to requests when required. Attends meetings with key customers to discuss any customer issues. Coordinates management of supplier/customer visits to the site. Promotes a positive relationship with clients by providing excellent customer service.
Marketing & Sales
Participates and assists General Manager and other company resources in planning new account strategies, prospecting for new opportunities, generating positive word of mouth, and participate in the development of quoting rates.
Supports the development of an annual operating budget. Develops and manages a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue, and profit parameters. Assists and supports to ensure that the budgeting and pricing activities are in compliance with contract guidelines.
Achieves company goals in terms of injury frequency ratings (IFR) and other safety metrics by establishing a proactive and participative safety culture within the operations. Audits warehouse daily for compliance with safety, security, and quality principles and rules. Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area. Ensures all federal, provincial or other statutory requirements are adhered to within the parameters of Health and Safety.
Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility. Plan and schedule all distribution services including shift management, operation, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements and quality policies are met in an efficient manner. Direct and oversee job assignments and review daily labor schedules. Review daily labor needs based on forecast and attendance needs based on sales forecasts and input from management. Develop & implement programs to improve operations.
Direct the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development. Match the skill and background of personnel to the work required. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to supervise, counsel, and discipline subordinates. Implement an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases, and termination.
● Willing to work evenings and weekends as needed.
● Performs other duties as required
Manage all facets of the daily operation to include enforcement of policies and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
● Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
● 5 years’ direct experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment.
● 3 years’ in warehouse management and broad knowledge of warehouse operations
● 3 years’ materials resources planning, manpower utilization, broad range of management skills with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, and planning.
● Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
● Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
● Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, and Power Point)
● RF Scanners
● WMS functions
● English (reading, writing, verbal)
● 0% - 15%
● Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner
● Good organizational and personnel skills
● Good communication skills, written and oral
● Good leadership, supervision, and planning skills
● Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends, as required by the operation
● Participate in established cross training metrics activities with the opportunity to improve their knowledge in multiple areas/departments and be able to assist as a back-up when the need may arise.
● Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. while following proper lifting procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com