SALES SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Are you ready to turn your Hotel Sales experience into a rewarding long-term career with a dynamic and quickly growing leader in the hospitality industry? Join our team at McKibbon Hospitality! Due to our continued growth, we are currently seeking an energetic, organized, goal-oriented professional to lead and serve as a Sales Support Coordinator.
About McKibbon Hospitality
From each thoughtful business partnership to the personal details of a guest’s experience, hospitality begins with us.
Across 8 decades of service, we’ve developed, owned and managed nearly 100 hotels, partnering with the largest proprietors in the industry. We measure success by the quality of our work and the personal connections we make along the way. We guide every facet of hospitality development and management – from site selection, financing and construction to hotel renovations, openings and operations.
Our legacy is built on a foundation of integrity, anchored in how we value our guests, treat our associates, and give back to our communities. Every McKibbon associate receives on the job service training, and development for career advancement. Often, that career advancement happens right here at McKibbon, where more than half of our leadership team members have been promoted from within. As we expand with new brands and as more markets develop every year, the opportunities for growth are endless.
What Makes a McKibbon Sales Support Coordinator?
As a key member of the sales team, the Sales Support Coordinator has influence and accountability for the revenue generation of the property. Reporting to the Market Director of Sales or Director of Sales, the Sales Support Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of competencies to help the property to achieve its business goals.
A Day in the Life:
- Check emails and voicemails.
- Review McKibbon Hospitality’s daily report.
- Participate in Daily Sales Stand-Up, Daily Huddle, Weekly Sales Meeting
- Review daily Delphi calendar (account, group, and function traces).
- Review Delphi for past-due traces.
- Enter all sales activities into Delphi (traces, QIC, lost business).
- Review assigned hotel(s) in-house guest ledger/arrival list.
- Research and prospect any overflow leads assigned by Market Director of Sales.
- Review group blocks and cut-off dates.
- Review and update function dates.
- Post group/function schedules to all department (resumes & BEOs).
- Set-up VIP amenities and welcome cards.
- Attend BEO Meeting as needed.
- Document and review Delphi results.
- Review the brand website and McKibbon Home for updates.
- Send thank you cards/emails to client.
- Manage rooming list (loading & editing changes)
- Manage the attrition/cut-off for all groups
- Distribute Group/BEO packets (via email)
- Posting meeting planner points
- Record actuals/pick-up on all groups.
- Email hotel leadership teams updated group resumes.
- Catering/Group Billing: ensure that consumption has been entered by the F&B teams, send bill to client, work through any client questions/disputes, and post payment. Manage group master accounts (create post and close). 10+hours/week
- Bargello & District 42 uses Toast to record the consumption – review the Toast report and load the consumption into Kimpton Delphi.
- Book and Manage Day of Meeting without F&B at all 3 hotels
- Loading and updating all system content (Cvent and Delphi, etc.)
- Participate in tours/appointments as needed.
- Take inventory of sales collateral and check supply of sales kits.
- Group logbook – clear past month’s documentation and update future month’s documentation.
- Assist in creating business plans with sales team and the general manager.
- Attend market networking events (business after hours, lead groups, and
- Participate in tours/appointments.
- Attend breakfast/social as scheduled (rotate properties if multiple hotels).
- Attend Sales Training as recommended by General Manager or Director of Sales
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year experience in hotel sales preferred
- Previous hotel management experience within other disciplines (highly desired)
- Preferred experience with major brands such as Marriott, Hilton or Starwood
- A proven track record of meeting sales goals
- The ability to actively support operational teams
- The ability to implement and maintain all sales documentation
- The ability to make revenue management decisions to effectively grow market share
- The ability to produce proactive sales strategies through direct sales calls, prospecting for new clients, and client visits
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Delphi Standard and Essentials or Delphi Advance (FDC) (highly desired)
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- The ability to ensure that hotel policies and brand standards are followed
- Strong computer acumen
- Sales Training
- Direct Selling