To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntington Park, CA
- Avanti Hospitals, LLC
- Phone: 310-617-0932
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Acute Care Social Worker
Avanti Hospitals, LLC • Huntington Park, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Acute Care Social Worker
Provides for a planned and systematic process for monitoring and evaluating patients, while assessing the medical, financial, psychosocial and physical needs after discharge from an acute hospital. Provides and evaluates social services to client/patients/family as prescribed by the attending physician.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to complete a Psychosocial Assessment of patient's needs wth required time frames of hospital policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of community resources and linking patient and/or family to these resources for continuity of care.
- Participates as a member of Interdisciplinary team to facilitate optimal benefit for patient.
- Acts as a resource for hospital staff on the psychosocial aspect of mental/physical illness, disability and available community resources.
- Serves as a role model for the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization and fulfills other job duties as requested within Scope of Practice
- Maintains current competencies as well as updated knowledge in specific area of practice
- Exhibits customer and service oriented behaviors in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrates a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Provides accurate and timely written and verbal communication of clinical information in a manner that is understood by all involved in the delivery of patient care.
- Able to listen, understand, problem-solve,and carry-out duties to ensure the optimal patient care outcomes.
- Able to use IT systems in an accurate and proficient manner.
- Contributes toward effective, positive working relationships with internal and external colleagues.
- Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility, reliability, and dependability in all daily work activities and a willingness to collaborate with others for the good of the customer and the organization.
- BSW highly preferred. MSW or LCSW a strong plus.
- Requires at least 6 months prior Social Service experience in an acute care hospital.
- Must possess a current BLS for Health Care providers card
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant in order to be considered.
- Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; and may taste and smell. The employee is regularly required to lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 10 pounds, with assistance. Visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.