To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Clerk II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 2 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Accounting Clerk II with our Finance Team, under supervision, performs both the disbursement of funds to vendors in the Accounts Payable system and assists with timekeeping entry for payroll plus all other aspects of the two functions within the Finance department.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Numerically account for all invoices generated each day and mail invoices timely. For Accounts Payable, account for all invoices to be paid and execute payment at the direction of Finance Management
- Check and verify records for accuracy
- Prepare invoices and/or vouchers
- Post vendor invoices into the Accounts Payable system
- Ensure all liabilities are properly records at month end
- Post journal entries as required
- Code data for financial data processing system
- Reconcile daily activities
- File paid invoices and maintain Accounts Payable files
- Assist in maintaining customer contact regularly to ensure timely collection and a current aging
- Answer both internal and external basic inquiries/references related to processing function and payroll timekeeping
- Assist with the reconciliation of the sub-ledger to the General Ledger at month-end
- Perform all essential functions and competencies listed above
- Perform basic analysis of data for submission to supervision
- May be assigned projects of moderate complexity to resolve
- Prepare non-routine reports for review by management
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Proven ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality when representing the company
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups
- Accepting of opportunities to cross-train into other Finance operations as needed
- Participation in a continuous improvement activity
2+ years experience in the accounting field. Must have the ability to perform moderate-complex accounting tasks
2 Year accounting or related degree
Accounting / Finance
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.