Situation in organization
Position reports directly to the business unit Sr. Human Resources Manager with indirect reporting relationships to the Hahnville, LA and Mobile, AL Plant Managers. This position will have an indirect Admin report who sits in Mobile and Clear Lake.
This position leads the plant HR strategy and implementation for the Mobile and Hahnville facilities. The position leads the implementation of and provides support with business and plant initiatives decided upon by the business leaders and manufacturing leaders associated with the manufacturing facilities, as they pertain to HR. This position leads change management in the facilities. In the Mobile and Hahnville facilities, this role is a vital member of the Employee-Management Committee, maintaining a reasoned balance in the relationship between the two parties. The position requires an experienced HR professional well versed in all aspects of human resources including change management, talent acquisition and development, compensation and benefits, succession planning, workforce planning and development and employment law. Experience with and/or capacity to become highly proficient in change management implementation, as well as, succession planning and organizational development/management are vital for this role.
The role requires full capability to successfully negotiate to a positive outcome, mediate between differences of opinion, make sound, fair judgments in support of business objectives and provide trusted counsel to the Manufacturing Manager, Plant Manager and Site Leadership team.
Most importantly, the position requires that the individual be seen as a valued, contributing, and collaborative member and teammate within his/her client groups as well as within the Arkema Inc. HR&C community and must be able to build strong working relationships with their peers in the BU as well as within the Corporate HR&C Function.
Responsible for ensuring that all AIMS HESQ policies & practices (ISO 9001, 14001, & 18001) are followed by all personnel. This includes compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, (OSHA, EPA, TCEQ regulations and permits) quality systems, and safe work permit practices.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
HR Business Partner for Client Groups (50%)
- Establish personal credibility as well as build and maintain strong partnerships with the leadership team at each site and the Corporate HR&C team.
- Be an active member of the Plant Leadership Teams and ensure all HR topics and initiatives are discussed and represented there.
- Partner to define HR strategy for plant level, ensuring alignment of key HR initiatives in the Americas.
- Develop and maintain human resources programs and procedures linked to client groups’ strategies
- Lead talent acquisition, on-boarding, development, hiring, promotion and departure processes with assigned client groups as follows:
- For plant site: Direct management/execution of recruitment, on-boarding, development, promotion and exits of employees:
- Partner with leadership teams to develop and implement actions or projects for greater/cost effective workforce planning and management, including organizational development, succession planning as well as employee development and engagement
- Maintain and communicate HR metrics to client groups, including talent acquisition, turnover, promotions, transfers, terminations and performance appraisals
- Partner with client groups to facilitate change effectively by understanding the business need(s) for change, its impact on people and then work with leaders to develop a plan to introduce and drive the necessary changes
- Foster an environment that encourages and rewards continuous individual growth and delivery of results
Drive and implement Core HR Processes - (30%)
- Partner with HR leadership, HR Business Partners and HR COEs (Centers Of Excellence) to put in place proper process and delivery of all Core HR processes.
- For plant sites - Coordinate the administration of the H&W/FMLA/STD/Workers Comp benefits of union members and non-union employees alike. Act as liaison between employees for the H&W fund, the company’s third party STD/LTD administrator and corporate HR.
- Implement HR programs, policies, practices and tools locally, including the Performance Management Process, Talent Review Process, Employee Safety and Engagement Survey and follow-up action plans, Reward & Recognition program, Job (re)evaluations and other compensation-related practices
- Lead, co-lead or contribute to special projects inside and outside of the HR&C function, on an as needed basis, to continuously improve HR practices, processes and data management
- Assess, monitor and address employee questions and concerns and refer to appropriate company internal and external resources for support as required.
- Ensure accuracy of employee data in HRIS (SAP) by updating information for entry of employee changes through various HR cycles.
Compliance and Employee/Labor Relations – (20%)
- Ensure awareness and compliance with HR policies within client groups
- Address and resolve HR issues that have been escalated by the plant employees, plant management and BU management.
- Provide counsel to leaders and managers on employee and labor relations issues, including, but not limited to: corrective action, conflict resolution, harassment issues, etc., utilizing Legal resource(s), when appropriate, to investigate and resolve issues in a prompt and fair manner, minimizing legal risk to Arkema and individual leaders. Partner closely with other HR leadership/teams and HR COEs (Centers Of Excellence) for proper process and delivery
- Stay current on US regulations to ensure compliance and timely implementation of new/changes to regulations
- Coordinate with local management video information system management as it pertains to sound HR practices.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- 25% Travel
- This position is a shared resource, 50% Mobile 50% Hahnville
- The overall time in the plants expected to be around 50% for each plant. The successful candidate will establish their presence in the respective plants even when absent through their relationship building skills and client centric service.
- Composure, ability to build rapport and trust, good judgment and analytical skills are needed to be effective in the role.
- A sense of urgency and a proactive approach to addressing HR issues is expected.
- Support site HES policy and comply with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participate in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Support, promote and report all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) is required; a Master’s Degree is strongly preferred.
- Labor relations experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working as a generalist in the Human Resources field; Minimum 2 years at the management level with experience encompassing recruiting/employment, employee relations, compensation, performance management, training, employee development.
- Experience with dealing with diverse cultures.
- Experience and/or capacity to learn to work in matrix reporting structures.
- Must be a strategic and results-oriented leader, have a strong business orientation and be able to react quickly and effectively to changing situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of a diverse team.
- Effective written and verbal communicator, in both one-to-one and group discussions.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Experience with key HR processes and systems is needed; knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Ability to read legal and financial documents, references in case law investigation, labor contracts, labor laws and rules and federal laws is a plus.
- Broad knowledge and experience in HR practices, policies, laws and regulations.
- Organizational/planning skills are critical for this role. Composure, ability to build rapport and trust, good judgment and analytical skills are also needed to be effective in the role. A sense of urgency and a proactive approach to addressing HR issues is expected.
- Develops and maintains successful, productive relationships with the various client groups.
- Sets a sound HR strategy for the client groups, linked to business needs.
- Ensures qualitative and cost effective workforce management.
- Implements effectively HR initiatives and processes within client groups (PMP, TR, etc.)
- Develops and maintains human resources strategies/procedures/programs linked to the client group’s strategies.
- Provides support to leadership teams of client group through advice, coaching, and development.
- Contributes to the continuous improvements of HR practices, processes and data management.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €9.5 billion ($10.6 billion) in 2021, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
The diversity of its employees is an asset that the Arkema group wants to preserve. Its non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, salary levels and career management. The Arkema group is committed to ensuring diversity among its employees.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Compliance, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Regional Manager, HR, Legal, Human Resources, Management
- Business Planning
- Business Requirements
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Change Management