To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Risk Analyst I
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
We are seeking a talented and driven analyst to join our Quantitative Modeling team within Lending Analytics. In this role, you will perform financial analysis and modeling that supports, informs, or improves the annual budgeting process and loss provisioning processes. Key responsibility include:
• Provide analytical support for various business strategies to ensure Enterprise goals are met.
• Develop, scope, and execute analyses with research objectives that support and inform core modeling competencies.
• Utilize and adapt financial models as part of Annual Financial Planning, Stress Testing or CCAR, and Loss Provisioning (ALLL, CECL).
• Work under moderate supervision.
• Develop and execute analyses to define and scope the problem, communicate with stakeholders, determine data and analysis plan, conduct analysis, measure impact of recommendation, and present findings to a diverse audience.
• Utilize regression or forecasting techniques to improve and develop forward-looking models.
• Lead junior analysts on complex projects, establishing expectations and ensuring accountability.
• Develop and test research hypotheses to generate and answer new questions which lead to a more in-depth understanding of business issue(s) being studied.
• Coordinate with diverse team and lead modeling and analytics efforts to develop the Annual Financial Plan for Lending.
• Create financial reports and presentations based on the impact of predictive modeling assumptions.
• Serve as SME regarding business analysis and lending products
• Participate in analyses and discussions regarding budget planning, stress testing and loss provisioning, ALLL, CECL), covering data integrity, software implementation and testing, and modeling or governance best practices.
• Work with Senior Leadership across Lending function to support budgeting and stress testing efforts.
• Perform other duties as assigned or appropriate.
• Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Math, Economics, Finance or a related quantitative field.
• 2 or more years of experience in financial services, financial modeling, forecasting, or credit risk analysis.
• Strong knowledge of statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, decision trees, time-series forecasting, survival analysis, etc.
• Effective skill in analytical/data collection tools such as SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, Tableau, SQL, JMP, etc.
• Effective skill in building and maintaining financial models, and performing comparative financial modeling using pertinent industry analysis and assumptions.
• Advanced research, critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Capable of building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy, and tact.
• Advanced skills in presenting findings, recommendations, and information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audience using strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in working with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
• Effective analytical/quantitative, reconciliation and deductive reasoning skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Effective project management skills
• Desired – Master’s Degree in Statistics, Analytics, Math, Economics, Finance or a related quantitative field
• Desired – Knowledge of Lending products
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability