The Credit Analyst is responsible for analyzing credit and financial reports to determine the bank’s risk for extending credit and making loans. The Credit Analyst is responsible for scrutinizing financial data such as income growth, market share and business management quality, for potential clients to determine if loans will be lucrative.
• Perform process presentation for commercial real estate loans, annual reviews and relationship reviews for new and existing portfolio; based on historical data, projections and appraisals.
• Ability to process presentations for construction loans and C&I (commercial and industrial) loans.
• Utilize corporate financial statements, personal financial statement, tax returns, operating statements and rent roll in for loan underwriting; complying with credit policy standards.
• Prepare risk rating forms in conjunction with presentations and annual reviews.
• Conduct financial analysis cash flow, debt service coverage and loan to value details for perspective business.
• Articulate final potential loan details to lenders, internal loan committee, and management with rationale to support lending decisions.
• Conduct industry and market analysis to identify issues.
• Conduct 3rd party verification via background, credit and bank due diligence guidelines.
• Revise financial statements for prospective clients utilizing Moody’s Risk Analyst model in conjunction with bank underwriting and risk management processes.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• At least three years’ experience as a banking financial analyst in the field of commercial and industry lending, commercial real estate and relationship underwriting.
• Knowledge in spreading, reviewing and interpreting business and personal tax returns and financial statements (in the financial spreading program).
• Knowledge of 3rd party reports ? commercial/residential appraisals, absorption analysis, environmental reports and credit bureau reports.
• Job requires strict attention to details and thoroughness in the completion of job duties.
• Job requires strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Understanding lending compliance principles and guidelines to comply with internal credit policy and procedures.
• Job requires a high level of coordination, organization, planning and prioritization of work, and management of one’s own time.
• Ability to multi task, use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches and solutions to problems.
• Develop constructive and cooperative relationships with teams and lending officers.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or economics field.
• Five years’ experience in a financial banking.
• Three to five years’ experience in commercial lending.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time up to 75% of work hours.
• Ability to use hands to grasp, handle or feel.
• Ability to use computer keyboard and system to enter data and process information.
• Ability to read, talk clearly so that others understand, hear, comprehend the written and spoken word, and see.
• Ability to use telephone to communicate with customers and employees.
• Ability to use office equipment such as teller scanner, personal computer, telephone, mobile device, copier, fax machine, adding machine, etc.
• Moderate sound as in business office with office machines, computers, and people traffic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract, implied or otherwise. Amboy Bank maintains “at will” employment.