To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
- Avery Holmes
- Phone: 8049686023
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
WebSphere Commerce Developer
TEKsystems, Inc • Richmond, VA
Posted 5 days ago
6 month contract - extendable.
Our client's B2C team has an immediate need for a Websphere Commerce Developer. This person will be part of a team that will be focused on refreshing the customers e-commerce website. The customer is looking to create a wow factor, add functionality, and deliver a brand new UI to enhance user experience.
The client's E-Commerce B2C team has an immediate need for a WebSphere Commerce Developer in our Richmond office, however, this person can also sit remotely. This will be a 6-month contract position.
Our customer is looking for a Webshpere Commerce Developer to work on their B2C responsive site. This person will work with the Architect to understand requirements for enhancements to the current site. Must have WebSphere Commerce version 6 or higher.
Responsibilities will include correcting inefficiencies and making enhancements to improve customer experience. Example would be finding ways to have less clicks and optimize the search process.
NOTE: They will look to upgrade their webshpere version so if someone has that experience, it would be a big plus.
This project will provide a great opportunity to overhaul a Fortune 500 Company's consumer website into a mobile responsive site, working as part of an effective agile scrum team.
A successful candidate would be expected to have the following experience and skills.
* Experience in the design, development and support of large-scale, critical E-Commerce applications
* Understand various Software Development Lifecycles and apply to area-specific assigned work
* Agile Scrum experience
* Advanced knowledge of E-Commerce Systems and technical competencies including, but not limited to: Java 6 or higher, JSP, SQL, DB2 or Oracle, IBM Websphere Commerce (or similar platform), XML, Security, UNIX, Website design and development, Subversion, Struts, Tiles, and Spring.
* Ability to do minor html/css/js changes as needed
* Understanding of E-Commerce Content, Search, Email, Fulfillment
* Strong organization, communication and analytical skills
* Ability to design, code, test, and debug
* Teamwork and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment, balance multiple concurrent assignments, and adapt well to changing priorities
* Experience and knowledge of transactional systems
* Education: Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Under limited supervision from management or architect, assists in research and fact finding to develop or modify systems
* Perform in depth analysis and research of large systems
* Write detailed and maintainable program specifications for large programs, objects or systems to be used by others
* Write new highly complex customizations to j2ee e-commerce system
* Facilitate technical and user walkthroughs of information systems
* Use established design patterns in design and development.
* Participate and contribute to code / design reviews for appropriate level of complexity.
Please provide resumes of your qualified candidates at your earliest convenience.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.