Remote DE Underwriter
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:
Our client is a now very well-established mortgage lender that came about just before the crash in 2008 and they have not only made it through the tough times, but have created what is now a very prestigious mortgage firm ranked in the Top 30 nationwide. They are licensed in almost 40 states and have actual branches in over 25 of those.
Aside from having a very stable footprint in the industry, this company also has above average tenure which comes from a tenacious yet compassionate management team that loves to take care of their employees.Why join us?
Comprehensive benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Compensation based on experience. This is a full-time position.Job Details
If you are a DE Underwriter capable of working remotely and looking for tremendous stability, a down to earth team with no egos, competitive compensation, generous benefits, and plenty of growth potential, then read on and apply today!
- Review applications for completeness and update data in LOS to ensure data integrity
- Work with internal and external partners to clear conditions in a timely manner
- Analyze and review documentation in file to verify accuracy of application and support underwriting decision
- Calculate income based on tax returns and/or other income documents in file. Review and confirm assets in file
- Review and analyze appraisals, preliminary title work, and purchase contracts
- Make loan decisions based on the overall worthiness of the borrower(s) and issue loan approvals, counter offers, or denials
- Communicate decisions to all parties and build relationships with both internal and external partners
- 4+ plus years of mortgage banking underwriting experience
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service in fast paced environment
- Analytical skills and demonstrated decision making ability
- Able to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Encompass experience a Plus
- Familiarity with AUS and LOS systems
- Ability to collaborate with others in a team setting
- Active FHA Chums # is required.
- Active LAPP and or SAR preferred.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.