Retail Program Manager - Roofing Division
The Program Manager is responsible for the execution of focused strategic and tactical growth initiatives identified by the Vice President, Retail. These roles provide key communication elements to the sales teams and distribution partners as it relates to programs and promotions, new products, literature and merchandising. Drives sales through the development and execution of programs and promotions as well as the management of both published and special pricing requests. Provides feedback and channel insights to each of the functional marketing areas. This position requires subject matter expertise in the assigned products, market segments, and channels and works closely with all functional entities of the Tremco CPG business in North America in accordance with market segment objectives.
Duties/Responsibilities, Core knowledge:
- Possess a deep understanding of the assigned products, market segments and channels.
- Manage and execute the program offerings, including both products and services, consistent with divisional and segment goals and drive these objectives by developing and maintaining customer, specifier, and key influencer relationships in support of sales.
- Act as the liaison between sales and the marketing teams including Brand, Integrated Communications and Trade Marketing. Drive sales while facilitating the Brand strategies within these channels of distribution. Respond to sales and customer trade marketing needs while maintaining high level of customer intimacy.
- Lead the maintenance and distribution of all published pricing.
- Lead the program and develop and manage the promotions strategy for the Retail Big Box channels of distribution designed to drive sales and strengthen Rust-Oleum’s market position. Lead the idea generation and recommendations, identifying sales opportunities and working with manager to execute.
- Lead and conduct pre-promotional financial analysis to determine viability of promotions.
- Create program and promotion documents including sell sheets and work with the Pricing team on system compatibility and promotional code assignment.
- Distribute to sales via e-mail and the Sales Support Center, posting and maintaining documentation.
- Conduct post promotion analysis to determine success of promotion
- Management and tracking of special pricing requests for the Industrial, Hardware and Paint Channels
- Work with Manager and internal experts to analyze and approve special promotional pricing requests for the Hardware National Accounts promotional pricing as they relate to trade show activities, advertising and other promotional opportunities.
- Work with the Manager and internal experts to analyze and approve special job quotes and other pricing requests.
- Log and track approved pricing to ensure a record of agreements and to maintain level pricing standards among accounts and channels of distribution.
- Develop customer relationships via membership within assigned industry associations and by attending industry events, seminars, presenting to and meeting with key customers, GC’s, specifiers and key influencers. (ex: Owners; Engineers; Facility Managers; Consultants)
- Take an active role in training of Sales, Technical Service, Customer Service as others as it relates to the assigned products and programs
- In conjunction with departmental leadership, manage, implement, and execute fiscal year budget
- Develop target account or customer lists with partnership with sales management; incorporate data and targets into Salesforce.com as needed
- Execute program promotions, marketing communication campaigns, and product training initiatives
- Manage key relationships within the defined sectors, inform and advise of projects upcoming and opportunities, with all related activities entered and tracked via Salesforce.
- Compile information on competitive landscape, voice-of-customer insight captured with SFDC, and provide analysis to sales and marketing organization
- Develop value models based upon value propositions defined by Segment Manager to demonstrate quantitative value
- In conjunction with the Segment Manager and Divisional Leadership, establish and report critical metrics
- In conjunction with sales and segment management, establish process for coordinating with local execution such as pricing, channel, key influencer partnerships, etc.
- Participate with sales in target markets to build out regional sales strategies
- Gather and share voice of customer intelligence
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Marketing, Construction or other related technical field
- Two to four years related experience and/or training
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to travel up to 40%
- Ability to influence and execute with a cross-functional team
- MS Office Suite
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.