Teledyne Microwave Solutions has over 50 years of experience in the design, development, and manufacture of sophisticated microwave/RF components and integrated assemblies for the most demanding challenges. Our products and capabilities are sought after by civilian and military organizations spanning numerous global markets, including Aviation, Communication, Electronic Warfare (EW/ECM/CIED), Industrial, Missile/UAV, Radar, Satcom, Space, and Test and Measurement. Teledyne Microwave Solutions invests heavily in research and development to maintain the ability to offer the world’s most advanced MW/RF capabilities for current and emerging challenges.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
We are seeking a hands-on Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team! The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will ensure successful accomplishment of thin film substrate manufacturing processes in support of quality, cost and schedule objectives. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will participate as a member of an integrated product team for existing products and new product introduction. Primary responsibilities include:
- Support production team to resolve technical issues
- Generate manufacturing / test documentation for first time builds, technical investigation into hardware failure or out-of-spec conditions
- Assist and resolve manufacturing issues impaction production run
- Address manufacturing challenges by troubleshooting issues and providing solutions in a timely manner
- Participate in determining and providing an optimum plan of operation, equipment, space requirements, and related facilities for assigned areas.
- Provide manufacturing personnel with training and technical guidance
- Develop and implement lean initiatives to improve operational efficiency
- Develop metrics to drive continuous improvement of the manufacturing process
- Able to communicate complex technical issues, both in writing and orally, to multiple levels of management as well as to production operators.
- Develop/Review/Revise work instructions and procedures in support of manufacturing processes
- Support internal, 3rd party and vendor audits
- Resolve manufacturing constraints to ensure accurate and consistent assembly and test performance
- Assist in the resolution of supply chain issues impacting manufacturing as well as supplier feedback, selection and technical assistance
- Provide status information and feedback to internal customers and managers.
- Represent manufacturing at design reviews, and Material Review Board (MRB) meetings
- Support the development of new methods, processes, and equipment and apply them to the manufacturing operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer in electronics manufacturing, including assembly and test or related filed.
- Solid background in electronics assembly and test processes
- Proven record of analyzing manufacturing / support processes and driving continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify opportunities to improve performance, develop targets and action plans and lead an organization to achieve results
- Excels at yield analysis and failure analysis leading to root cause and effective corrective actions
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively monitor operations with excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated, detail oriented with ability to logically identify alternate solutions or ap Familiar with RF/Microwave Test Instruments as Spectrum Analyzer, Vector Network Analyzer, Power Meter, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope
- Must be able to handle RF/Microwave tuning under microscope, ability to tune and align RF circuitry
- Communicate clearly with excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills. Ability to organize and meet project goals and deadlines
- Good “people skills” especially as they relate to customer technical meetings.
- Working knowledge AS9100/ISO9001 standards
- The ability to perform all Environmental lab tests is a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of management and team members.
- Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office products in producing data-driven reports
- US Citizen and able to attain Security Clearance
Due to classified work at the facility and related access restrictions, successful applicants must maintain U.S. Citizenship to allow the person to hold a U.S. Government security clearance.
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Business Efficiency