Who is Waterton?
We are passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. We value performance that delivers experiences that exceed expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor and Resident service excellence. With over 24 years of investment and property management experience, we strive to exemplify what we call Resitality®.
We are looking for an Assistant Community Manager to join our team!
The Assistant Community Manager will help oversee the administrative, leasing and customer service facets of the community's operations to achieve occupancy and income goals while adhering to all Waterton Residential policies, applicable laws and ordinances including Fair Housing and Equal Employment laws.
How you will contribute to our team:
* Collections: You will manage the rent collection efforts at your community. You will also be responsible to pull required reports, ensuring that all rents are collected in a timely manner and manage the demand processes in accordance with local law, including the eviction process when necessary.
* Resident Retention: You will think creatively about ways to engage residents through ongoing programs and promotions designed to increase satisfaction and minimize resident turnover.
* Leasing and Sales: You will motivate, engage, and inspire your leasing team to exceed occupancy expectations for the property. This will also include oversight of the lease renewal program and documentation process.
* Overall: You'll be an excellent teammate who helps create and deliver departmental and organizational goals, including sharing best practices on process improvement, refining and introducing new Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
What our ideal candidate looks like:
* You've "been there, done that". Our ideal candidate has a minimum of two (2) years' experience in property management and one-year leadership experience or equivalent in a residential community setting. Experience with a larger real estate investment firm is considered a competitive advantage.
* You have some credentials. We require a High School Diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor's Degree in preferably in Business Administration, Management or other relevant degree is strongly preferred.
* You're a great communicator. You easily manage relationships and build rapport with others. You have good presence when conducting onsite tours with owners, investors, and residents alike.
* You're a numbers person. You are a whiz at reading ledgers, and you understand the importance of timely, accurate metrics. You also have a proven track record managing collections.
* You're entrepreneurial. You are a creative go-getter who wants to build a strong community while being the ultimate team player- helping wherever you can to meet the needs of both our company and our residents.
* You're a fixer. You demonstrate tact and empathy when dealing with Resident and Associate concerns, and you work to resolve them quickly, never losing sight of the criticality of customer service.
How we will recognize and reward you:
At Waterton, we recognize that compensation and benefits are important not only to our associates but to their families as well. We offer a wide variety of benefits and rewards to our associates:
* Full suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, 401K, Life, Disability, and even pet insurance
* Bonus program participation
* Generous Paid Time Off and holiday schedule, including: PTO, Volunteer Time Off, Parental Leave, and Paid Holidays
* Cell phone reimbursement
* A commitment to life-long learning through learning plans that include internal and external trainings, as well as consideration for tuition reimbursement
* Employee discounts and wellness initiatives
Typical Base Pay Range: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour, plus bonus program participation
This pay range is base pay only and does not include any additional compensation or bonuses that this position may be eligible for. The pay range is approximate and the actual pay may vary depending on related work experience, certifications, education, and other job related factors.
Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant - the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Our Associates embrace and embody The Waterton Way, which serves as the roadmap for how we treat each other: Be Nice, Listen and Talk, Own It, Get It Done, and most importantly Have Fun. We look for exceptional candidates with the passion and expertise that it takes to wow every resident, guest, and investor.
We firmly believe that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our Associates to think and act like an owner and use the Waterton Way to serve our residents and guests in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality®!
Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Waterton strongly supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Waterton will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
- Business Administration
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Service