Title Closing Services, LLC is hiring an Accountant Clerk in Cherry Hill, NJ. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for A/P and A/R invoicing, initiation processing, checks, mail, and for providing daily accounting support to the Director of Accounting and the Accounting department. The Accounting Clerk, under direct supervision, is responsible for performing routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assists in the preparation and entry of monthly journal entries. Ensures data is entered completely and accurately.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate processing and payments of invoices as identified in established procedures. Receives, reviews, verifies accuracy, and verifies proper approval obtained for payment of invoices.
* Assists with monthly account reconciliations.
* Performs monthly expense analysis.
* Responsible for the reconciliation of sub ledgers to the general ledger.
* Assists in the preparation of audit schedules.
* Resolves invoice discrepancies; corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries.
* Prepares and processes checks.
* Monitors vendor accounts to ensure payments are timely and up to date.
* Matches and verifies vendor invoices to expense authorizations.
* Provides monthly reports to Accounting, as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* High school diploma or GED
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or an Accounting Certificate preferred
* Two (2) or more years of related accounting experience, including preparing financial statements
* Experience working with JD Edwards accounting system preferred
* Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office suite of products
* Soft Pro Select background is a plus
* Good oral and written communications skills
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
* Strong attention to detail
* Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine)
* Communicate with sufficient clarity on the telephone and in person
* Operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment frequently Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles