At KING 5 we stand for truth. We are seeking an Anchor to join our news team. The successful candidate will be an excellent on-camera communicator with top notch interviewing, live and taped reporting skills. We are seeking candidates who will trailblaze the future of news, find and defend the truth, and tell the stories of our community. We want a leader who is creative and courageous when it comes to adding innovative features to newscasts as well as digital and social platforms.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Use editorial judgement to help determine content of the newscasts.
- Work with producer and team to create unique, fast-paced newscasts.
- Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- Minimum 3-5 years news anchor/reporting experience
- Journalist and/or Communication degree preferred
- Understand the tenets of professional Journalism
- Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
- Must be available and willing to work on weekdays, weekends and evenings
To be considered, please complete the online application found on: URL blocked - click to apply and attach your resume and cover letter. Paper resumes or any electronic information received that do not come through the online application process will not be considered part of the applicant pool.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, URL blocked - click to apply
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.