We are currently hiring for a Registered Nurse who can provide direct nursing care in a clinic or unit of a health care facility for a selected caseload of patients. Ensures a safe and orderly environment. Prepares and administers medications. Updates care plans when indicated by pertinent patient observations. Directs patient care activities by interpreting and implementing University and health care policies and standards. Provides direct nursing care in a clinic or unit of a healthcare facility for a selected caseload of patients. Ensures a safe and orderly environment. Prepares and administers medications. Updates care plans when indicated by pertinent patient observations. Directs patient care activities by interpreting and implementing University and health care policies and standards.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms and reports patient's condition to physician. Recognizes changes in patient's condition after medication and consults physician on changes or adjustments to dosage.
- Determines standards for quality assurance and control procedures.
- Assesses staffing needs in times of unusual circumstances and arranges coverage's. Identifies and evaluates nursing services problems and develops and implements appropriate programs and services.
- Assists physician in diagnostic and therapeutic measures. Administers medications and specialized treatment and checks patient's vital signs. Responds to life threatening emergencies.
- Reviews laboratory studies and reports results to physicians. Collaborates with a higher level authority on the status of patients and provides necessary direction to nursing staff.
- May serve as unit manager. Participates in patient discharge planning. Implements orientation and in-service education for staff on the facility's goals, objectives and policies. Participates in off-shift and emergency admissions as needed. Purchases medical supplies and equipment for unit. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities in absence of Charge Nurse. Assists in screening, hiring, training and evaluating staff.
- Participates in departmental and interdisciplinary committees to assist in establishing policies affecting patient care and nursing standards.
- Provides for the safety and protection of patients and staff. Trains staff in universal and isolation precautions in the area of infection control. Monitors areas of health care facility to ensure proper procedures for infection control and quality assurance are carried out.
- Performs patient care procedures following the facility's policies and procedures to ensure appropriate patient care.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate in communication with other members of the health care team on care planning, evaluation and documentation of patient's outcome.
Required Education and Experience-
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and two years of nursing experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.