Title: Corporate Counsel
Location: New York, New York
Summary: Our client, an international software development company, is currently seeking a corporate counsel to join its legal team based in the New York City office. We’re looking for an attorney with 3-5 years of experience particularly in intellectual property and technology-related transactions. Experience in the financial industry in these areas is a plus. This person will report into the General Counsel of the Americas and play a large role across the IP and transactional functions across the Americas region.
*The organization is currently remote but eventually this person will be expected to sit within the New York City office.
• Draft and negotiate SaaS and software licensing agreements, maintenance and services contracts, NDAs, etc. with US or foreign institutional investors (banks, hedge funds, financial institutions, and multinational companies) in conjunction with other teams across the business.
• Draft and negotiate partnership contracts both with internal teams across the organization as well as outside stakeholders.
• Respond to client Requests for Proposals.
• Advise on intellectual property matters across the business, such as to the IT, Purchasing, and Finance departments.
• Support the corporate governance and compliance divisions.
• JD from a strong law school with strong academic record. License to practice in good standing.
• No less or more than 3-5 years of experience in a top international or national law firm specializing in intellectual property and technology transactions.
• IP and tech transactions experience in the financial industry a plus.
• Experience with general commercial agreements preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Dynamic, agile, resourceful, and detailed.
• Collaborative team spirit but also able to work autonomously.
• Able to juggle multiple projects/deadlines at a time.