The KDP 2020 Summer Intern Program will run from May 18, 2020 – August 7, 2020 and this position will be based in our Ottumwa, IA Plant. Elements of the KDP 2020 Summer Intern Program include:
- You will engage and partner on innovative projects to gain experience in a fast paced, cross functional team environment
- You will receive mentor support for your professional development
- You will present a final presentation to your team, peers, and senior leaders to highlight your project work and impact on the business
- You will network and learn about other functions at Keurig Dr Pepper through a Lunch & Learn series
- You will have the opportunity to volunteer in the community
As a Manufacturing Intern you will:
- Undertakes and successfully completes simple or basic project development tasks to include any of the following: writing and/or verifying specifications, maintaining product/process documentation, testing processes, equipment, raw materials and product, and validating equipment and processes.
- Drive daily manufacturing operations to deliver targeted safety, quality, production, and cost results.
- Gain knowledge in executing the plan, functional area knowledge, production procedures, and managing assets and quality.
- Designs and coordinates engineering tests and experiments.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to all levels including senior management.
- Be a contributor on problem solving, cost reduction, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyze downtime data and maintain action plans using lean methodology.
- Collect and calculate savings data on improvement projects.
- Recommend methods for improving efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Assist with LEAN implementation activities, including participation in Kaizen events.
- Balance work priorities to meet the day-to-day requirements of the Plant business teams.
- Provide support and coordinate events for a variety of facility programs
- Follow all Keurig Dr Pepper policies and procedures
What you must have:
Company Overview & EEO Statement
- Must be an undergraduate currently enrolled in a full time academic program from an accredited college or university, majoring in Engineering
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize requests, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills including excellent listening, written, and verbal abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally, is independently driven, and a self-starter
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Attention To Detail
Continuous Improvement Process