At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for the prioritization and scheduling, of all tasks associated with corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance, projects, switching evolutions and tests associated with a specific discipline within PEPCO. This work supports electric and gas system operations in PEPCO. Schedules and coordinates new business work tasks. Ensures alignment of work plan with EED business goals, priorities and objectives. Translates the long-range work plan into a task level plan that ensures the native and contract field forces are maximized. May coordinate with project management on major construction jobs including outage synchronization and job bundling. May lead and support compliance commitments with external agencies.
Responsible for the execution and monitoring of the company Work Management policies, programs and processes.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the prioritization, scheduling, and coordination of all corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance tasks, projects, switching evolutions and testing activities associated with a specific discipline within company. Responsible for scheduling and coordination of all associated support tasks. Schedules and coordinates new business work tasks. Establishes work scope and monitors the performance of the work plan.
- Responsible for the execution and monitoring of the Work Management policies, programs and processes. Support the peer group process to ensure adoption of best practices into standard processes
- Execute work management process for Operations that optimizes resources, addresses operational priorities, and ensures alignment with financial, customer, reliability, safety and performance goals. Ensure regional work plan schedule for Operations optimizes resources, allows for emergent workload with minimum impact to schedule, addresses operational priorities, and ensures alignment with Exelon financial, customer, reliability, safety and performance goals. T&S: Manages the interface among Nuclear, Genco, Project Management and TSO to maintain a balance with FEGs, NERC compliance and clearance requests.
- Monitor key performance measures, controls, and procedures to ensure the consistent application of the Work Management process across Operations and instill accountability for adherence to the process and completion of planned work. Support organizational adherence to schedules, milestones, key performance measures, controls and procedures for consistent application across operations of the Work Management process, and instill accountability for adherence to the process and completion of planned work.
- Chairs or co-chairs the Work screening committee. Performs screening of new action requests and work requests. Interface with other departments in Exelon and represent Work Management regarding process and procedural issues.
- Apply a consistent work management model to drive resource sharing. Accountable for decision making in ensuring proper resource shifts.
- Support a learning organization that fosters a high performance culture and promotes diversity and inclusion. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered including timely recognition of employees. Use effective performance management to provide accurate and timely feedback and identify opportunities for growth and learning.
- Drives the management of backlogs, maintaining a balance between preventative, corrective and elective maintenance work completion for effective continuous material condition improvements.
Direct reports: 0 Employees
Indirect: 7-23 Employees
Direct Budget: $0
Indirect Budget: $30-200 Million
Coordination of a large geographically dispersed work force and a large contingent of additional contract resources working within the areas of the company service territories
Coordinate and schedule completion of all tasks associated with new business, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, system performance, public improvement, capacity expansion, etc.
Ensure all work tasks are scheduled, coordinated and planned to ensure all key performance measures can be attained in Operations. Scheduling and coordination of tasks considers state level prioritization, system needs, and construction resource work levelization to maximize safety and minimize overall costs. Scope includes the scheduling of approximately $30 million - $200 million of work per year.
Implement and execute 20+ policies, programs and processes and adopt best practices. Monitor and manage 20+ organizational measures and controls to facilitate the identification and implementation of performance improvements and initiatives.
Determine baseline manpower and project funding resource requirements and recommend resource decisions balancing both operational requirements and financial implications.
All actions have direct impact on reliability, financial, and customer satisfaction goals and the public, political and regulatory opinion of the company.
Requires regular contact with senior management, directors, managers and employees in Asset Management, Operations, Supply, and Project and Contract Management
- Bachelor's degree and 5 - 8 years relevant utility business experience (e.g., transmission, distribution, gas, or substation), or in lieu of bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9 - 12 years relevant utility business experience.
- Working knowledge of PC and mainframe scheduling
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, achieve deadlines and handle multiple assignments.
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to execute independent judgment.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with all levels of management.
- Proficiency with computer software such as Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with PassPort Work Management module, Hyperion Reporting System and Project View.
- Ability to travel throughout ComEd / PECO service territory as required.
- Strong leadership abilities. Demonstrated conflict management skills.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical discipline. Project management and operations experience.
- Experience in Work Management.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Conflict Management
- Decision Making