To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mukilteo, WA 98275
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Supervisor - Transportation- (Supply Chain/Logistics)
Penske Truck Leasing • Mukilteo, WA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Provide operational leadership to individual contributors and hourly workforce to ensure the execution of daily tasks and activities including driver deliveries, loading/unloading of trailers, and customer service operations in a manner consistent with company services and cost objectives. Supervises most processes directly including workforce and equipment scheduling. Responsible for making corrective action and disciplinary decisions up to written warning level. Involved in the hiring process and customer meetings as necessary.
* THIS POSITIONWILL BE BASED OUT OF OUR EVERETT, WA. LOCATION
4119 Harbour Pointe Blvd. SW
Mukliteo, WA 98275
Primarily days, Monday - Friday
6:00 a.m. start
May be requested to work other / additional shifts to meet the business needs.
$60k per year
- Establish and sustain that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives
- Establish and sustain that performance standards are communicated that are specific and measurable
- Interview hourly associates and provide recommendations for hire
- Monitor attendance, productivity, and other performance standards and provide coaching and counseling to associates
- Motivate and engage associates by focusing on team accomplishments and recognition
- Supervise logistics operations including customer service, freight loading and unloading, dispatch and proper documentation and procedure control
- Conduct team meetings
- Evaluate and recommend changes in preferred work methods to increase productivity of dispatch operations. Assist in new associate training
- Provide relief coverage for operational duties when associates utilize time-off or are absent from the shift
- Have a thorough working knowledge of the site's operating systems in order to ensure operational compliance and correct exception resolution
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensure compliance with financial policies & procedures such as tracking MPG, returns, damages, etc.
- Understand the relationship between decision-making and profitability
- Closely manage associates' working hours and activities to minimize overtime and to meet or exceed productivity targets
- Ensure day-to-day management and associate activities are aligned with the location safety strategy
- Provide associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to ensure safe performance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures
- Conduct safety observations
Growth / Customer Experience
- Understand the location-specific customer goals & objectives and work to meet and exceed these expectations daily
- Ensure the customer knows that we are committed to helping them meet their objectives
- Determine areas that could benefit from Continuous Improvement efforts
- Properly plan work assignments to ensure effective use of fleet equipment
- Work with hourly associates to ensure they understand safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Work with vendors to ensure equipment is maintained
- Work with Penske Truck Leasing to ensure schedule of preventative maintenance is complete
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
- Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills
- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to actively listen are required
- Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
- Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility to run the operation with a sense of urgency
- DOT and dispatching experience preferred for dedicated contract carriage
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.