[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Turnaround Procurement Contracts Manager (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collectively works with Category Managers in the implementation of sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage scheduled Turnaround activities.
- Supports Category Managers by completing complex analysis for both internal requirements and external market analysis to support the sourcing process for Turnaround Services and Materials.
- Drives Supplier Performance Management (SPM) activities collectively with GE&T/GPU to identify and implement KPI's and drive supplier performance (i.e. tracking supplier ramp up, scope changes, discovery, etc.)
- Negotiates to achieve maximum overall cost-effectiveness for turnarounds while meeting clients' objectives with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and risk mitigation.
- Convey procurement-related Turnaround planning and execution information and requirements to the Turnaround Procurement Manager and the Category Managers.
- Keep strategic Procurement Management and Category personnel informed of any Turnaround changes or any issues or opportunities regarding category support.
- Provide leadership to enable the organization to achieve GoalZERO performance.
- Focus on Turnarounds from Pre-execution to Post execution. This includes planning, contract reviews, compliance to strategies, contract validity, problem solving, and resolution during execution.
- Serves as an operation turnaround SME to assist site operations resources by coaching, training, and influencing turnaround strategies and preparations.
- Contract management for Turnaround Major Contractors.
- Communicates status of key performance indicators and metrics.
- Participate in relevant Turnaround stakeholder's activity such as attend scheduled Turnaround meetings, Boardwalks, SPM (Supplier Performance Management), TAMT, etc.
- Align with Turnaround team and TSM to facilitate the management of supplier deficiencies (Quality, Safety, etc.) from identification to closure.
- Ensure that proper alignment exists between Category Manager(s) and GE&T/TA Leadership.
- Identify and champion new projects and strategies in alignment with Category Management/GE&T priorities.
- Engage with Turnaround teams at the early stages of planning to identify constraints/risks (i.e. labor, long lead materials, etc.) associated with current strategies and contracts.
- Support the efforts of Global Procurement and Turnaround leadership to achieve the lowest total cost and operational excellence as it pertains to turnaround execution.
- Executes Turnaround sourcing strategies in-line with overall functional and/or corporate objectives.
- Turnaround Excellence Model/Tier II process compliance.
- Analyzes bid responses to determine the most responsive and responsible bidder to optimize the total cost of ownership/risk mitigation.
- Analyzes spend/data/trends to identify and develop overall strategic sourcing initiatives that meet the stakeholder's needs and provide solutions/recommendations to the Category Manager based on the research of institutional spend, end-user impact, feedback and marketplace analysis.
- Works collaboratively with the TA Managers, TA Procurement Manager, TA Procurement Excellence Lead, and TA Buyers to execute and communicate procurement strategies.
- Develops and maintains awareness of changing commodity-related business trends in the marketplace and the possible impact on the company.
- Ensure accurate definition of turnaround and job scope requirements, demonstrate a solid understanding of market environments, develop comprehensive contract criteria, collaborate on supplier approval and selection process, and negotiate and prepare TA specific contracts and Outline Agreements.
- Collaborate with Category Manager to understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or Leading Indicators for all Major Contractors.
- Potential for increased responsibility for several turnarounds simultaneously, as well as responsibility for negotiating, executing and managing low to mid-size value turnaround contracts.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6+ years related experience required
- Engineering degree preferred
- Master's degree preferred
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Turnaround Procurement Contracts Manager.
Nearest Major Market: Houston