Full time, day position
Under the direction of the site designate leader, provides coordination and acts as a resource for staff involved in general radiology services. Assigns and monitors the quality and quantity of work flow to ensure timely completion of exams. Ensures that prescribed diagnostic procedures are performed according to departmental policies and imaging standards. Performs diagnostic images and other related duties as necessary, including student clinical instruction and new employee training as appropriate. In the absence of the site designate leader, functions as the department representative. Follows Beaumont philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care at all times.
1. Leads daily work schedules of staff and monitors patient schedule to ensure efficient and safe patient flow and acquisition of optimal images.
2. Assists leadership in achieving site and system objectives.
3. Demonstrates leadership and conflict resolution abilities through effective problem solving.
4. Provides effective inter/intra-departmental communication and participation with medical staff, management, technical and support staff.
5. Ensures that employees perform necessary quality assurance and quality control on all equipment.
6. Ability to accurately and efficiently use hospital computer systems for verifying orders, viewing schedules and sending information to PAC's.
7. Performs radiographic and related patient care procedures using age appropriate methods for patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
8. Uses ALARA Standards for minimizing radiation exposure to the patient and self.
9. Provide procedural information/education to the patient/family prior to each exam.
10. Trains new staff/students.
11. Performs annual competencies and assists in annual staff evaluations.
12. Assists in interview process/candidate selection.
13. Ensures equipment is wiped down between patients and exam room is clean and properly stocked with lined and supplies.
14. Maintains competency in all assigned areas including, but not limited to fluoroscopic, general diagnostic, orthopedic and operating procedures.
1. Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH). Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
2. Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests, and others.
3. Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service, service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and participates with all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organizations including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code.
4. Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations information.
5. Supports and participates in a collaborative team-oriented environment - cooperates and works together with all co-workers, plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
6. Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules - including universal precautions - reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
7. Completes all required compliance standards that may be department specific and/or identified by the organization.
8. Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification, as applicable, at all times.
* Graduate of Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography program.
* 3-5 years' clinical staff technologist experience preferred.
* Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; Must remain in good standing with the ARRT.
* Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers from The American Heart Association at hire
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Clinical Works
- Conflict Resolution
- Creative Problem Solving