Performs tasks in the repair and maintenance of Production machinery and support equipment. The employee is responsible for the assignment of preventive maintenance scheduled, work orders, and job assignments. Works under the direction of the Maintenance Manager.
- Work safely at all times, following Lock Out/ Tag Out (LOTO), safe work practice policies and procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Perform assigned duties independently, without supervision.
- From the maintenance perspective, participate in PM, TPM and CI efforts in both Maintenance and Operations departments as assigned.
- Monitor condition and coordinate maintenance of machinery as assigned.
- Install, upgrade, modify, repair and remove machinery and other equipment in a satisfactory manner.
- Perform daily housekeeping and machinery inspections
- Use of CMMS system for work order control and issuing parts
- Participate in parts inventory and cycle count as it relates to maintenance area.
- Inspection of auxiliary equipment (compressors, blowers etc.)
- Works interchangeably with the Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Team Leads.
- Works interchangeably with the Production Team Leads and manufacturing machine employees
- Might require occasional pick-up and delivery of parts outside of the facility
- Requires weekend overtime as needed or scheduled.
- Welds and fabricates metal parts
- Carries out environmental compliance tasks, as appropriate to the position.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 year of prior experience in industrial mechanical equipment
- PC literate
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics pertaining to mechanical system and auxiliary equipment
- Advanced level proficiency in problem-solving, decision making and assisting others with same.
- Initiates and practices continuous improvement in own job and assists others with same.
- Must understand and operate shop equipment
- Must be able to weld and fabricate in order to repair plant equipment
- Must have knowledge of NFPA-70E requirements
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as required by production demands.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs to shoulder height.
- Must be able to climb stairs occasionally to access roof.
- Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally.
- Must be able to stand and walk 100% of working time.
- Certification in hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical systems is desired.
- High School diploma desired
- Must supply necessary tool box with required tools to perform specific duties.
Will spend 100% of time on manufacturing floor with moderate noise levels which will require the use of personal protective equipment including (but not limited to) hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toe shoes.