The Opportunity | Senior Accountant
You will be reporting to the Accounting Manager. The Senior Accountant maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions at EPD. This position also serves as a mentor and back-up to Accounts Receivable so experience in this area is desired.
Location: Bethlehem, PA (greater Philadelphia area)
- Assists the Accounting Manager with daily, monthly, quarterly and year-end operations of the Accounting Department to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Prepares and enters recurring and non-recurring journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the month-end close, generating financial statements and uploading results to the corporate site for consolidation.
- Performs month-end accounting activities such as account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Responsible for inter-company accounting in line with corporate policies.
- Performs bi-annual SOX testing.
- Supports internal and external audits.
- Performs a physical inventory of WIP each quarter.
- Performs a labor floor check each quarter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- 2-5 years of General Accounting and Accounts Receivable experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills, including the ability to work with pivot tables.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to analyze transactions.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload in order to meet monthly, quarterly and year end deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to clearly communicate will all levels of staff at EPD.
- Oracle or similar ERP System is a plus.
- Must be US citizen and be able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Analysis Of Variance