To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
- Vaco - Memphis
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Vaco Staffing • Memphis, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Medical Transcriptionist Job Overview:
Our client is currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Medical Transcriptionist to assist our healthcare team with documenting patient medical records. The successful applicant will be responsible for documenting accurate and detailed information of patient visits. The ideal candidate will provide the highest quality customer service to patients, adhere to practice protocols and processes, and effectively manage the volume of work without allowing quality to be compromised.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Entering patient visit details into practice EHR system (Intergy), including transcription of history and physical exam and an accurate description of physician's encounter with patient as described by physician.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as described by physician
- Order prescriptions for patients through Intergy EHR system as requested by physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including radiology tests and laboratory tests.
- Document any procedures and examinations performed by the physician.
- Reconcile patient encounter forms to their completed office visit in the medical record.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times
- Adhere to employer work practices
- Effectively cope with typical job pressures and deadlines
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: One of the following:
- 6 months experience as a Medical Transcriptionist
- 6 months related experience and/or training
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical coding protocols
- Knowledge and ability to work within medical practice Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. Knowledge of the Greenway Intergy EHR is a plus.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications
- Organizational skills and focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to remain calm and work effectively in a busy or stressful situation.