UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Employee Relations Analyst will provide day-to-day support on a variety of employee relations issues, and is responsible for policy interpretation, information gathering, and resolution of issues consistent with UnitedHealth Group’s (UHG) model of employment policies and practices.
The position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, strong verbal/written communication skills, analytical problem solving, and time management and negotiating skills. A Sr. ER Analyst will consult with peers, ER Case Managers, ER Managers/Directors, and Human Capital Partners for opinions and precedent, and will be responsible for accurate and timely analysis of a variety of data to meet deadlines and commitments. The Sr. ER Analyst will handle incoming calls up to 3 hours a day, while managing their caseload, and ensuring cases are documented in the case management system.
Telecommute role while residing within Irvine, Orange, Sacramento or San Francisco county
- Consults with Human Capital Partners, Managers, and Employees to provide guidance on the employee relations model and to facilitate the resolution of issues consistent with policies and practices
- Handles performance, disciplinary, and termination issues for managers while following the appropriate case escalation and notification guidelines based on the subject matter
- Completes research from all available resources for due diligence in an effort to mitigate risk
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues; researching questions and exploring answers and alternative solutions, and consulting with others, as needed, prior to recommending appropriate actions
- Sense of urgency and competency to handle emergency “One Breath” situations according to UHG protocols
- Effectively and efficiently handles a call schedule of 1.5 to 2.5 hours per day from employees or managers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience in employee relations
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment law; working knowledge in ADA, FLSA, EEO
- Able to work Monday-Friday between 7am-5pm Pacific
- Able to telecommute while residing within Irvine, Orange, Sacramento or San Francisco county
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- BS or BA Degree
- Proficient Windows, Excel, Word, PeopleSoft skills
- History of consulting and able to work independently
- Solid verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Problem solving and negotiating skills
- Independent, analytical decision-making based on knowledge and thorough interpretation of policy/practice
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently while working within guidelines and established protocols
- Accurate and timely analysis of a variety of data to meet deadlines and commitments
- Able to work in a large organization with a fast-paced environment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Employee Relations Analyst, Irvine, Orange, Sacramento, San Francisco, CA, California, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home