Field Service Engineer - DoD Network Systems
Clovis, NM 88103
Oceus Networks' mission is to enable our customers to securely communicate anywhere at any time. Our team of telecommunications experts works to solve the unique communication and data challenges in a wide range of a commercial private networks, combat tactical, austere, and emergency response situations. We develop, integrate, and customize technology for delivering access to fast, reliable broadband connectivity in mission-critical operations.
For more information, please visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Engineer - Cannon AFB
Security Clearance Requirement: Current Secret (at a minimum)
Location Note: This position will work on-site at Cannon Air Force Base (CAFB)
The Field Service Representative (FSR) will work under broad direction, provide expert support, analysis and research into especially complex problems, and processes relating to the subject matter. The ideal candidate will have experience related to Oceus Network's overall mission to build, deliver, and support a wide range of mobile broadband solutions for US Government (DoD, DoS, DHS, Federal, Civilian) customers. Qualified candidates should have experience serving as a technical expert on high-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. Prior experience working for a military customer in a military garrison environment is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contribute to the completion of specific programs and projects at Cannon AFB supporting the Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC).
* Integrate and support a Smart Gateway Solution that integrates several military mission command data feeds and delivers data through multiple channels including wireless LTE systems.
* Evaluate hardware, software and peripheral equipment for simple networks including:
* Manage network performance.
* Troubleshoot and resolve problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
* Create and maintain user accounts and update system security plans.
* Administer network policies, procedures, and standards.
* Maintain responsibility for system security and data integrity including:
* Assign passwords and monitor use of resources.
* Back up files, as required.
* Respond to management requests for information.
* Maintain configuration files, network diagrams, user data, and system backups and ensure the system is fully documented 100% of the time so that it can be uplifted or restored as necessary.
* Provide guidance to end users regarding operations and maintenance of the Gateway Architecture including:
* Adapt the overall system architecture to integrate further information feeds and distribution changes.
* Research current and future technological developments and applications.
* Work closely with system users to provide guidance in the identification and resolution of user problems and concerns.
* Evangelize for use of the Gateway system technology and seek to broaden utilization among the user community.
* Articulate new requirements via formal documentation and specification within a project management structure, move to integrate, verify, and deliver solution packages according to documented requirements and specifications.
* Interface with the customer, as directed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* U.S. citizenship
* Current Secret security clearance (at a minimum)
* Bachelor's degree in EE, CS, or CE; equivalent years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
* DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ or CCNA) is required to start work (DoD 8570 IAT Level III Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security Route and Switch certification preferred)
* Linux Professional Institute Linux Engineer Certification (LPIC-2: Linux Engineer) or equivalent
* Demonstrated expertise and professional work experience in one or more of these areas:
* Information Systems Architecture
* Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation
* Information Systems Integration
* Software Development Methodologies
* Security Engineering
* Communications and Network Systems Management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work under general direction, think independently, and determine and develop approach to solutions
* Ability to configure and troubleshoot utilizing the command line network equipment including Cisco CSR1000, Aruba VMC, Palo Alto, and various Switches
* Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in more than one of these technical areas:
* IP networking (IP/TCP/UDP, layer 2 versus layer 3, etc. network protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, STP)
* Linux including network configuration, services configuration, application compilation and installation
* Virtualization, specifically ESXi to include network configuration, Virtual machine deployment and configuration, load monitoring and adjustment
* LTE, VoIP, SIP, IP Networking
* Government data sources
* Installation and configuration of servers, routers, and switches
* Experience and abilities to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems and provide solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organizational objectives.
Preferred Experience includes:
* 10+ years of related experience working in a design, implementation, and verification capacity
* Strong knowledge of Network Security protocols and implementation including IPSec, TLS, GRE, tunneling concepts, Enterprise PKI and Certificate Authorities
* Strong knowledge of IP networking, routing protocols, server-client relationship, and Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SOAP, XML, SNMP, CORBA, LDAP)
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may contact us by email: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Engineer - Cannon AFB
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Oceus Networks our people are as diverse as our projects. We understand and embrace the belief that our differences are what make us a team. We are guided by Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles and laws and provide qualified applicants opportunities for employment based on merit and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
EEO is the Law English Version - Revised November 2009
EEO is the Law Supplement English Version - Revised September 2015
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Oceus Networks complies with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements, and we utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Command Line Interfaces
- Common Object Request Broker Architecture