Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an opening for a Senior Manager IT Operations.
Our Sr. Manager IT Operations is responsible for managing the execution and incident support of all corporate IT Operations for SBH. Responsible for the planning and managing the support of new technologies, system performance and reliability. Manages the day-to-day operations with the managed services providers supporting SBH. Champion ITSM across the IT organization.
- Oversee, direct and manage all aspects of outsourced service delivery related to the organization's technological infrastructure, including operating system management, capacity planning, business continuity, technical support, systems integration, data center operations, networking/ telecommunications, and other technology platforms shared across the organization
- Lead technical team of operations and support specialists, appropriately assigning and delegating duties and responsibilities, ensuring high quality and effective execution, monitoring performance, and providing administrative oversight
- Lead an operational IT branch, including providing, evaluating, assimilating, aggregating, and recommending IT technologies, processes, best practices, and solutions.
- Ensure system and application availability and other performance requirements are documented, monitored, and achieved as required by service level agreements (SLAs), contractual requirements, and customer needs
- Develop management practices to effectively log, track, route and update support calls to ensure efficient service to the users of SBH. Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that demonstrate and track levels of service provided
- Responsible for the delivery and execution of IT Operation changes in the SBH environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 8 years of experience managing technical teams, preferably in a high-availability, 24x7x365 enterprise environment with progressive leadership responsibilities
- 5 years of experience as a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more relevant domains (i.e., database (SQL and/or Oracle), server (Linux and/or Wintel), storage, AIX, web/middleware, mainframe, release/configuration management)
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex contexts
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics
- A keen sense of urgency to facilitate the efficient resolution of incidents that affect system or application functionality or performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of an enterprise technology architecture
- Knowledge of information principles and processes
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Understanding of network and security architecture
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), ITIL certification preferred
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources, both internal and external to the enterprise, to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Ability to understand the long-term ('big picture') and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to enable future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive targeted business outcomes
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Supply Chain Management