The Area Operations Director is responsible for the overall management of facilities assigned by DCI in accordance with written policies established by the Board of Trustees and the Medical Directors. The Area Operations Director oversees all operational and financial activities of multiple dialysis facilities and programs in a specific area.
This position will cover our clinics in the Atlanta, GA area.
- Embodies and models the DCI mission, vision, and values in thought and deed.
- Provides leadership and direction to all management and staff in an assigned region, and upholds a formal means of accountability for all employees.
- Oversees operational and financial activities and management of multiple dialysis facilities and programs.
- Oversees that a safe and clean environment is provided for patients, visitors and staff.
- Actively develops managers, leaders, and teams. Promotes teamwork and trust among all staff and management
- Ensures facility compliance with all CMS, State, and other regulatory bodies and ESRD networks.
- Furnishes Federal and State agencies all data required for certification (or re-certification).
- Oversee that Care Planning, QAPI and Governing Body meetings are held on a routine basis, as required.
- Develops, executes and enforces policies and operational standards relative to the general operation of the facility and to the protection of patients, personal and property rights.
- Oversees the financial operation of the facility including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and inventory.
- Participates in the development of fiscal budgets for assigned clinics, as requested. Responsible and accountable for overall cost controls.
- Works cooperatively with all departments of DCI Corporate Office and provides required reporting as needed.
- Oversees the clinical and technical operation of the facility and, in coordination with the local clinical team, works to achieve clinical outcomes and benchmark goals as established by the local clinical team and DCI Corporate leadership.
- Initiates and ensures adequate communication (upward and downward) and timely execution of DCI programs and directives.
- Participates in negotiating agreements into which the facility may enter with vendors, consultants, and providers of services not furnished directly by the facility.
- Establishes local employment policies and procedures within DCI guidelines and oversees the application of these policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with Medical Directors, credentialed Nephrologists, local hospital administration, and local renal community members.
- Assists Senior Operations Director with market analysis and feasibility assessments of prospective acute contracts, new clinic sites, renovations, relocations, and special projects.
- The Area Operations Director supervises facility employees, which include, but are not limited to: Nurse Managers, Technical Manager, and the Business Office Manager. The Area Operations Director also provides indirect supervision for other employees as needed.
- Office Management
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- General Ledger
- Health Administration