CEVA Logistics provides world-class supply chain solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies across the globe. As an industry leader, CEVA offers customers complete supply chain design and implementation in contract logistics and freight management, alone or in combination. Together with CMA CGM, a leading worldwide shipping group and CEVA’s strategic partner, we are able to offer our customers end-to-end logistics solutions. CEVA’s integrated global network has facilities in over 160 countries and approximately 58,000 employees; all dedicated to delivering consistently excellent operations and supply chain solutions. In our North American cluster, CEVA has more than 11,000 associates running all of Freight Management and Contract Logistics operations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
CEVA offers competitive incentive packages, excellent benefits and an exceptional culture for career building. Start your career with CEVA and build on our Foundations: Unity, Growth and Excellence. At CEVA, we are passionate about our people and our people are passionate about supply chain management.
Provides various levels of support and services to areas of the supply chain and operations, such as entering and processing information, working with carriers and providers to update information, track and trace details, and ensure service levels, and providing levels of customer service.
The Supply Chain/Operational Support path has five levels of responsibility, Clerk, Specialist I, Specialist II, Specialist II, Specialist III and Specialist IV. Each level performs increasing levels of support and understanding of logistics and operational details, the complexity and scope of operation, and degree of internal and external customer service provided.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Supply Chain Ops/Service Specialist I
Summary: Provides operational support to areas of the supply chain or operations, such entering and reviewing operational information, utilizing databases and systems to locate and verify information, and preparing documents for supply chain needs. Generally the information involves an understanding of related supply chain operations, tracking and tracking, and assisting with identifying and resolving operational issues.
- Receives and reviews documents for accuracy, such as dates, times, location, counts and related information; applies a basic understanding of transportation and service operations.
- Enters operational/customer transportation data in software systems and applications, such as purchase order and shipping and logistics times, rates, dates, and details.
- Utilizes databases, logs, and other sources to locate and verify information; information is usually more routine and accessible.
- Reviews or prints and prepares forms, labels, billing, invoices and related documents to ensure timely awareness for processing.
- Tracks orders and information through systems, vendors and related sources, such as arrival, times, confirmation and similar details.
- Responds to internal and external customer questions, provides information and escalates needs as required; may provide basic quotes.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment.
- Assists with identifying potential operational or service concerns, notifies appropriate co-workers and assists with resolving.
- Develops and maintains excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times, such as working collaboratively, providing timely communications and instruction and assisting with operations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Specialist III and IV: Associates Degree, or equivalent combination of work experience is preferred.
- Specialist I: Two years of office experience in a logistics/transportation environment
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Understanding of operational and support principles and practices in a related supply chain environments.
- Entering, reviewing and verifying documentation and information.
- Following policies and procedures.
- Preparing logs, reports and documents.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Operating in a fast pace environment.
- Operating in both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
Travel Requirements: Typically not required.
CEVA operates in a multicultural, global environment and is a richly diverse organization operating seamlessly as one company. We aim to attract, motivate and retain the best people in our industry, whatever their background. We share the same passion to deliver world-class solutions to our customers. We have the best supply chain professionals in the industry and develop this talent in an inspiring work environment.
CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal opportunity work place and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.