To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Donaldson Group • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Donaldson Group, LLC is looking for an experienced Collections Manager/Bookkeeper for a large residential apartment community located in Silver Spring, MD. Applicant will be solely responsible for rent collection, submitting suit lists, scheduling evictions with the County, sending late letters, scheduling mandatory meetings with the residents, overseeing Housing Contracts and setting up the accounts. Applicant will be responsible for ensuring that new move in accounts are set up accordingly. Must have 3+ years related experience in Property Management - rent collection/bookkeeping at large properties. Weekends will be required to assist with rent collection. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Our company believes in a drug free work environment, therefore a pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- Keep the Donaldson Group Promise, providing the best possible customer experience for clients, residents, vendors, internal associates, etc.
- Conduct all business in adherence to Fair Housing Law.
- Follow-up on routine service calls to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Show apartments in accordance with federal, state, local and company policies.
- Answer the telephone professionally and in a timely manner.
- Greet prospects, residents, vendors and all customers utilizing excellent customer service.
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with all applicants and residents.
- Conduct follow-up with prospective residents.
- Assist in responding to prospective resident complaints as directed by the Property Manager.
- Assist in the planning and execution of resident functions as allowed by the budget and resident retention needs.
- Communicate with, listen and respond to co-workers and customers.
- Lead by example, motivating the entire team to keep The Donaldson Group Promise.
- Take advantage of opportunities to go above and beyond for all customers.
- Take resident service requests accurately to insure maintenance personnel can properly complete the request.
- Inspect the curb appeal and presentation of the property, as assigned.
- Keep accurate records of traffic and leases using the property management software system.
- Recommend leasing specials to the Property Manager, as needed.
- Recommend customized marketing strategies to generate traffic.
- Perform outreach, as directed.
- Maintain current market survey, as directed.
- Maintain current Market Survey.
- Maintain current knowledge of market and competitor properties.
- Manage resident retention program, as directed.
- Maintain necessary records of all financial transactions of the property.
- Verify, allocate and post details of business transactions to resident accounts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Reconcile and balance all appropriate resident and property accounts.
- Collect rents and fees and post money to MRI.
- Ensure daily deposit of funds into bank.
- Ensure collection of appropriate fees (e.g. tenant damage, late fees, legal fees, pet fees).
- Prepare cash reports in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Promptly address delinquent accounts in accordance with federal, state and local county procedures ie; late notices, suit and writ list.
- Prepare late notices and all collection-related correspondence.
- Prepare suit and writ list as dictated by federal, state and county regulations.
- Assist in preparation for and/or attend legal proceedings regarding rent or civil matters.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of notices to vacate.
- Notify departing residents of legal and financial obligations to property (e.g. termination fees, improper notice penalties).
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of move-ins and move-outs.
- Prepare former residents’ security deposit dispositions accurately and timely.
- Process bad debt accounts for turnover to collection agencies.
- Maintain tracking system for bad debt.
- Prepare monthly property lease renewals.
- Maintain complete resident files.
- Prepare resident correspondence, as directed.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports, as directed.
- Ensure that timely and accurate monthly close-out procedures are completed.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies within budgeted guidelines.
- Assist in processing of payables.
- Assist in processing of payables, payroll and bonus submissions, as directed.
- Attend scheduled owners meetings, staff meetings and resident meetings, as required.
- Assist Property Manager with special projects or other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Communicate with and listen and respond to co-workers and customers
- Frequently walk the property to show available apartments and/or the model apartment to prospective residents
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Inspect the curb appeal and presentation of the property, as
Keep accurate records of traffic and leases using the property
Recommend leasing specials to the Property Manager, as nee
Recommend customized marketing strategies to generate traff
Perform outreach, as directed.
Maintain current market survey, as directed.
Maintain current Market Survey.
Assist in processing of pay