Set up and run conventional, special purpose, and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines to machine compressor bodies to production and quality standards in an ISO9001 environment.
- Set up and operate machinery in the area
- Work cross functionally between machines and cells.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Verify conformance of finished work pieces to specifications.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Initiate process improvements and corresponding documentation.
- Promote and maintain open communication and safety throughout the facility
- Strong math skills.
- Solid communication skills.
- Proactive problem solver, willing to learn and accept new challenges
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to read and understand job instructions.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Complex Problem Solving
Process Improvements (Business)