Community Behavioral Health is actively seeking a Chief Medical Officer that will be a pivotal strategic partner to the strategy of mental and behavioral health delivery to CBH members. CBH is seeking a compassionate physician leader to support our mission, vision and goals.
The Chief Medical Officer is as a key member of CBH’s leadership team, developing a medical point of view for CBH, providing medical leadership to the executive team, and oversight of CBH’s team of Physician Advisors and pharmacy initiatives.
- Engages externally with other payers, providers and regulatory bodies. Represents CBH with medical societies and other Provider/Payer CMO’s.
- Assists operations/programs to comply with accreditation and regulatory standards, including but not limited to NCQA, Pennsylvania Department of Health regulations, PA Department of Human Services, CMS, and CBH corporate and medical policies.
- Provides oversight over all quality activities, including all functions within the Quality Management Area. Functions include creation, development and implementation for all Quality Improvement related activities.
- The CMO has direct responsibility for the Physician Peer Advisors (PA) within CBH and assures adequate PA resources consistent with all regulatory and NCQA requirements.
- Oversees Pharmacy staff and initiatives
- The CMO chairs:
- Credentialing Committee, ensuring appropriate credentialing practices for the organization.
- Utilization Management, reviewing under and over utilization, performance of medical spend to budget, and development of new services that could affect the utilization of existing services.
- Works closely with organization and enterprise leaders for the purposes of strategic planning and operationalizing initiatives.
- Lends expertise and guidance to CBH initiatives focused on Social Determinants of Health, physical health and behavioral health integration, disease management and population health.
EDUCATION: Licensed MD/DO from Accredited Medical School
LICENSURE: Current Board certification in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 10 years of clinical experience in the behavioral health field
- Managed care experience highly preferred
- Senior Management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity: CBH provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, individual genetic information or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the human resources function.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. CBH will determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
This job profile reflects management’s assignment of current duties, responsibilities, and essential functions; it does not prescribe all or restrict the tasks that may be assigned now, or in the future, relevant to the responsibilities for this position. Community Behavioral Health (CBH) may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
- Behavioral Medicine
- Clinical Works
- Content Management
- Human Resources