ECS is seeking an AWS Architect to work in our College Park, MD office.
In order to meet the evolving needs of Federal Government, ECS has unique capabilities and expertise in Cloud Computing to help our customers achieve their goals and meet new Cloud-First mandates. Today, we stand out as a Cloud Leader.
ECS is an AWS Premier Partner and AWS Approved Reseller. We are also a certified Microsoft Cloud Deployment Partner and regularly team with MCS to offer customers total confidence in migration to Office 365. ECS is also member of the Microsoft Azure Circle partner program, able to assist customers in adopting IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an AWS Solutions Architect to join our team in supporting a large Federal Government program with the following roles and responsibilities.
In this role the Cloud Solution Architect is responsible for discovery and assessment of the current environment and for architecting business enabling solutions for a large federal program to consume services from the cloud. This role is responsible for evaluating customers' current and anticipated needs, develop innovative solutions, develop architectures, and evaluate cloud implementations according to the customer and industry best practices and standards. We also expect that you will be a subject matter expert who can support customer meetings to analyze their enterprise and suggest means for gaining value from utilizing cloud technologies. You will also work closely with our key commercial cloud partners to strengthen strategic competencies and qualifications.
- Provide thought and technical design leadership to cloud solutioning
- Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms.
- Test and assess chosen products and make recommendations
- Act as a change agent for technologies and supporting processes to maximize results measured by performance and availability, business agility, technology freshness, and cost optimization
- Lead cloud application architecting sessions evaluating tradeoffs between design, risk, and technology.
- Execute prototypes and technical feasibility assessments for cloud solutions
- Apply advanced technical knowledge and skills in developing solutions or problem solving where complexity, innovation and technical expertise are required
- Migrate existing on-premises applications to cloud leveraging a structured method and best practices
- Integrate multiple products across cloud and hybrid environments
- Develop processes and procedures for applications' migration to the cloud, as well as managed services in the cloud
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or similar preferred
- Senior level architect with more than 10+ years of planning, architecting, and engineering enterprise class systems and services.
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience of AWS offerings
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect certification (or demonstrated ability and willingness to achieve certification shortly after hire)
- Must have proven success in consulting to CTO-level clients.
- Proven experience in assessment, evaluation, and documentation of client environment, infrastructure, processes, and operations
- Proven experience in communicating and demonstrating the value of cloud solutions to a variety of stakeholders to address complex and competing drivers in complex technical environments, with a track record of buy-in and successful implementation, migration, change management, and full adoption.
- Proven ability to lead change across large platforms using innovative technology solutions
- Demonstrated abilities in strategic thinking and leadership with strong relationship management ability
- Demonstrated experience automating production cloud workloads
- Demonstrated Hands on experience developing solutions with cloud orchestration tools
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPC's, VPN's, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls.
- Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
- Proven ability to lead change across large platforms / functional areas using innovative technology solutions
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively evaluates information to make decisions
- Anticipates risks and obstacles and develops plans for mitigation
- Creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Champions and drives change initiatives
- Confronts difficult problems in a positive and creative way
- Balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional certification, Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect, and Microsoft MCSD Azure.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Platform As A Services
Infrastructure As A Service (Iaa S)
Amazon Web Services