ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee all duties and functions within the Facility. Fully understand all facets of the primary Distribution Center and other related facilities operations as assigned.
- Direct responsibility over a 500,000+ sq. ft. warehouse and 350+ Team Members, supporting an average sales volume of $800 Million plus
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the daily duies of the Assistant DC Manager and/or Operations Manager(s). The following Departments will be under his/her direct or indirect supervision: Inbound Operations (Receiving and Reclamation), Replenishment, Outbound Operations (Selection, Shipping and PDQ, E-Commerce), Inventory Control, Transportation, Customer Service Associates, and General Office Associates.
- Monitor and attain key performance indicators (KPI) as agreed upon to include but not limited to:
- DC order fill accuracy and capacity are achieved as evidenced by Internal Audit and according to the established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Manage DC shrink within budget
- Maintain Manual Mark Outs (MMO¿s) at or below target level
- Meet or exceed Distribution Center financial plans
- Demonstrated improvement in work climate as measured by the CVP survey or any predetermined calibration survey(s)
- Achieve or surpass target OSHA Safety Rate
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in store survey results
- Responsible for maximization of the warehouse layout, including proper slotting of inventory; ensuring proper maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas lead to the safest working environment; and consistently monitor that all safety procedures are in place and all corresponding personal protection equipment (PPE) are utilized.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with management team, other DC General Managers and related corporate partners; maintain good working relationship with retail stores by constant communication and regular store visits
- Conduct daily meetings with management team to discuss and review daily results (such as PPH/LPH/Order Fill Rate /Quality/Safety), directives, work methods, procedures, controls, and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement of product; discuss goals and objectives for the shift/department and Team Member performance; actively lead and participate in conference calls as necessary
- Coach, train, and develop management team providing both informal and formal job performance based and leadership feedback.
- Partner with Human Resources to build DC culture, ensure consistency of policies and procedures and drive people metrics.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly reports to the Corporate Offices are 100% accurate and delivered on time
- Maintain a union free work environment that demonstrates a fair and respectful workplace for all Team Members
- Other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain management and knowledge of the automotive industry and its market factors
- Proven ability to develop actionable strategies that create real value to internal and external customers; strong problem solving and decision making skills, and capacity to forecast results
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present information and interact effectively across all levels of the organization; ability to cultivate relationships with key stakeholders across functions to achieve business objectives and drive strategic change; proven track record of establishing strong relationships and experience in leading complex cross-functional teams
- Strong working knowledge of Warehouse Management (WMS) and Red Prairie (RP) system preferred
- Proficient in business mathematics like P & L, internal metrics, etc
- Proper maintenance and organization of all warehouse areas so that it's appearance is conducive to creating a perfect safe working environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software applications
- Ability to work various shifts, departments and locations as required, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Flexibility to relocate as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree required; and seven to ten years of related senior leadership experience in Supply Chain/Distribution Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience
This position directly supervises one or more Assistant General Managers, DC Operations Managers, Department Managers and Team Managers; indirect supervisory responsibility for the entire facility. The General Manager carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies, procedures and applicable state and federal laws. Train direct reports as needed. Responsible for the strategic and tactical operation of the facility. Writing and conducting performance appraisals for his subordinates. Rewarding and counseling Team Members as appropriate. Direct authority over one or more Assistant Managers, Operations Managers, Department Managers and Team Managers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Post-hire certifications may be required to comply with safety standards as mandated by law or to operate machinery or equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with arms, talk and hear. The employee will be frequently required to stop, kneel and crouch. The employee occasionally will be required to sit, climb (18+ft), or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; and occasional exposure to high places, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
- Developing Talent - Works effectively with subordinates to maximize current performance and long term growth. Accurately assesses strengths and development needs and provides constructive feedback. Creates opportunities for development and implements sound development plans.
- Attracting and Selecting Top Talent - Attracts and selects top talent from both inside and outside the organization. Retains top talent. Always looks to upgrade the talent in the organization. Has high people standards.
- Creating a Results-Oriented Team - Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive, results-driven team; facilitating the completion of team goals. Holds self and team accountable for results. Takes immediate action to improve performance. Focuses on achieving significant and sustainable results.
- Establish a Culture of `Service is our Best Part¿ - Building strategic relationships with both internal and external customers. Seeing our business through the `eyes of our customer¿. Always making our customers our first priority. Working proactively to build collaborative relationships with others.
- Effectively Communicates -Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization adjusts message according to the audience. Uses communication as a tool to send and receive information. Is able to verbalize ideas and written communication effectively and in a concise way.
- Planning, Organizing and Execution - Organizes and structures work with and for others by focusing on priority goals, requirements and opportunity areas. Establishes plans of action to ensure work is completed effectively and efficiently. Balances competing priorities and interests. Demonstrates capacity and inclination to see beyond the immediate and recognizes some interdependencies in the business. Thoughtful about the business, not reactive to it.
- Driving Innovation - Originates or champions breakthrough ideas that can make a difference in business. Works effectively to move those ideas through to execution. Adapts quickly to the changing business environment. Seeks perspective of others who will be impacted up and down stream by a change.
- Handling Complexity - Analyzes complex business problems. Can deal effectively with data and the lack of data, and can draw connections between seemingly unrelated pieces of data. Can generate good ideas and multiple solutions. Makes timely and effective decisions.
Warehouse Inventory Management
Complex Problem Solving