Las Cruces, NM
Are you a Certified Medical Assistant? Then keep reading!
One of our clients is looking for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Front Desk CMA to work at their medical office.
Greets patients as they arrive
- Assists patient with intake processes including copying required documents
Collects co-payments, co-insurance, and deductibles and issues receipts
Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors
- Answers phones and schedules appointments
Manages medical records (maintains, files/scans, and prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and/or filed in a timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
Operates diagnostic equipment, remove staples from superficial wounds, changes wound dressing and obtains cultures, administers nonintravenous medication, performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, and performs EKGs
- Performs quality control checks on equipment
- Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave.
- Rooms patients according to policy and procedures and prepares patients for examination
Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards, and policies
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms, and sterilizes instruments
- Practices standard infection control precautions
Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Supports and follows Standard Delegation of Orders (SDO)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or the ability to obtain the certification within 180 days of employment
- Current BLS certification (through an approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network)
- Basic computer literacy required, with intermediate Excel skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology required
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required
- Good communication and customer service skills required
- Fluently speak English and Spanish
Shift: 8 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Dress Code: Gray or teal scrubs, no facial piercings, and any tattoos must be completely covered
I look forward to hearing from and working with you!
The Judge Group
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Assistant|Hourly
Physician Patient Privilege