Accounts Receivable ClerkCompensation:
$40000.00 to $45000.00 yearly
You could grow with a thriving company as an Accounts Receivable (A/R) professional. If you're looking for Accounts Receivable work, this dynamic organization is filling a position with a noteworthy benefits package through Robert Half. The Accounts Receivable Clerk role, based in the Danville, Virginia region, is a permanent position. This role's duties will require entering, posting and reconciling batches, researching and resolving customer A/R issues, preparing aging reports, placing billing and collection calls, maintaining cash receipts journal, and updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L.
What you get to do every day
- Communicate with clients to settle payment issues and help create a payment plan
- Reconcile bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in various ledgers
- Answer questions from shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department and other stake holders
- Process payments and assemble segments of monthly closings and annual reports in compliance with GAAP
- Follow standard procedures to perform basic accounting tasks, such as general accounting
- Ensure accuracy of documents and codes
- Support, relate, and strengthen the mission, values and culture of the organization
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
- ERP system experience
- Proven analytical skills in basic accounts receivable and accounting policy
- 3+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
- High attention to detail
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Expertise in Collection Processes
- Cash applications experience
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounts Receivable Clerk
for more information.
- Balancing (Ledger/Billing)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Accounts Receivable
- Ledgers (Accounting)