To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Ann Arbor, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Chief Information Officer
ExecuNet • Ann Arbor, MI
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) seeks a self-motivated, collaborative, innovative, and service-oriented leader for the position of LSA Chief Information Officer (CIO). This position provides leadership of information technology development, integration, deployment, and operation in support of LSA's current and emerging needs. This position also represents LSA through active participation in campus-wide IT governance and planning. The LSA CIO will provide overall leadership and management for information technology and services across the college.
The LSA CIO will lead a team an organization of 170+ regular staff. The emerging organization encompasses the areas of desktop support, research, classroom computing, help desk, advocacy, security, web services, information services and infrastructure support services for LSA's over 60 diverse academic and administrative departments.
The LSA CIO reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Administration.
- The LSA CIO will develop enterprise information technologies, applications, and services necessary to meet the highest level of user expectations through a blend of technical expertise, administrative experience and strong communication and leadership skills.
- Participate in college and university strategic planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of information technology as related to LSA's competitive position as an international leader in knowledge discovery and dissemination. Develop LSA strategic information technology plan in alignment with COMPANY IT strategic planning efforts.
- Lead complex change initiatives, including stakeholder engagement activities and associated communication strategies, to successful completion. Identify changes and trends in information technology and involve key stakeholders in interpreting the implications, maintaining LSA IT on the forefront of serving the diverse needs of LSA constituents.
- Work to build an IT organization that is inclusive, supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives and is a proponent of LSA’s Guiding Principles.
- Develop an organization that is dedicated to continuous improvement and exemplary customer service as well as supporting an environment of calculated risk taking.
- Collaboration:Develop and foster effective collaborations between academic departments, organizational units, department chairs and directors, faculty, and administrators to ensure an integrated approach to providing information technology services in support of fulfilling the mission of the college.
- Leverage college-wide advisory committees and other constituent groups to accelerate collaboration in addressing information technology needs across LSA. Manage the supply and demand for potential services. Oversee the life cycle of services offered by LSA IT. Leverage other campus service providers wherever applicable.
- Be an advocate for IT in relation to resources, both people and tools, and seek alignment with college leadership.
- Partner with the COMPANY Vice President for Information Technology and other campus IT leadership to actively strengthen community and cohesion of Company IT providers in information technology planning and delivery across the university.
- Management and staff development, Direct a highly skilled and diverse team of IT professionals by recruiting, coaching and counseling managers for success.
- Develop and maintain an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance the needs between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient
- Seasoned Senior/Executive IT leader in information systems with a history of leadership success in a complex organization. Experience in higher education is strongly desired.
- Significant experience in strategic planning (preferably IT-related)
- Demonstrated record of managing sizeable budgets and people in a dynamic and complex environment
- Strong ability to build relationships with stakeholders who represent varied and sometimes competing interests
- Confident, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable maintaining high visibility and working effectively with a broad constituency
- Proven capability to attract, build and manage a high performing team
- Ability to successfully lead a complex change in an organization