** Bookseller (Seasonal) Lewis & Clark College**
**Job Category****:** Retail Stores **Requisition Number****:** BOOKS022796 Showing 1 location **Job Details**
Barnes & Noble College is a retail partner for nearly 800 colleges and universities nationwide. We offer a retail environment like no other uniquely focused on delivering essential educational content, tools, and merchandise within a dynamic retail environment on campuses of higher education. Our teams interact directly with our customers including students, faculty, administration, alumni, and the general public to provide outstanding customer service to sell or rent books, general merchandise, and an array of products and services for an academic community all while being part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. Seasonal employees can work in one or a variety of departments and are typically scheduled to work periodically throughout the year to support our peak periods or special events such as term/semester openings and closings and special events such as athletic events, book signings, and graduation.
* Greet customers, answer questions, and assist with the purchase of merchandise or services.
* Shelve, arrange, clean, and organize product or space within the store to maintain an appealing sales floor.
* Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments.
* Seasonal positions require work during peak periods (i.e. semester starts and ends), occasional weekends, and flexibility in scheduling to work periodically during the school year.
* Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
* Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
* Frequent lifting.
* Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
* Our stores comply with all applicable federal, state and local requirements and/or recommendations regarding social distancing and sanitizing. In accordance with individual campus requirements, positions may require confirmation of vaccination. The use of face masks throughout the day and while on campus may also be expected or required.
* Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be considered for employment.
* High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
* Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
* Basic math, keyboarding, and data entry skills.
* Flexibility in scheduling is necessary.
**Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.**
**Licenses & Certifications**
- Data Entry