To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McLean, VA
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Planning
Hilton Corporate • McLean, VA
Posted 19 days ago
Our Finance team serves as a critical business partner responsible for managing all global activities related to financial performance, accounting, tax, forecasting, risk management, and asset management.
What will I be doing?
In the Senior Analyst of Corporate Planning position, you will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Planning and you will focus on the areas of global financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for Hilton's corporate functions.
For your next Finance position, are you looking for a role where you will collaborate with teams across Finance and Accounting and work with corporate department leaders to support allocation workstreams, financial reporting and variance analysis preparation? We believe the Senior Analyst, Corporate Planning role will enable you to work with departmental forecasts and budgets and to manage domestic allocation workstreams by consolidating allocation methodologies and uploading into financial systems for both monthly forecasts and the annual budget.
- Lead the monthly budget update by coordinating the system calendar, consolidating organizational changes, uploading into the financial system and reconciling against board-approved budget.
- Partner with Accounting and Audit to ensure adequate allocation documentation, approval, and SOX compliance.
- Provide support for monthly automated PeopleSoft and Hyperion financial reporting process.
- Provide financial planning and analysis support for corporate department owners.
- Supply monthly and quarterly analysis and metrics to assess and report on professional fee and travel expenses versus the operating plan, forecast, and prior periods.
- Assist with the preparation of financial monthly business reviews, quarterly board of directors meetings, and budget materials.
- Support Finance teams by helping to reconcile shared statistics in monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Work with cross-functional resources to investigate business issues as well as to execute on special projects as directed by leadership.
What are we looking for?
We believe for success in this role, you will be a creative self-starter that demonstrates the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly explain complex analytical topics to a wide audience who may or may not be familiar with analytics or the subject matter
- Strong critical thinking and quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; adept at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Good judgment and decision-making skills, with the ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions in order to recommend optimal solutions
- Ultimate discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive corporate information
- Conscientious and independent worker, capable of effectively handling multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritizing responsibilities
- Experience building financial models to support forecasting, business analysis and financial metric reporting
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Three (3) years of Accounting, FP&A and/or other Finance experience
- 10% travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and data analysis systems (e.g. Essbase or Cognos)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- Five (5) years of professional work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and financial documents
- CPA license
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!