ECS is seeking a Cloud Enterprise Architect to work in our Washington DC office.
ECS is an expert technology firm focused on AWS cloud solutions as an AWS Premier Partner, Audited AWS Managed Service Partner and AWS Reseller. We specialize in migrating custom developed and COTS applications into AWS and offering a complete suite of managed service solutions for our customers to include design, architecture, DevOps, systems administration, big data, security, and 24x7 cloud support services.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Architect to join our team in supporting the US Mint they migrate their existing applications from on premises servers to the cloud.
This position will support client teams migrating, developing, or enriching applications in the cloud, as well as providing core cloud services maintenance and support in that environment, with the goal of providing a stable, secure, flexible, efficient, and cost-effective CS.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must have a BS level technical degree preferred (relevant experience considered) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect Associate certification MS Azure certification (among other platforms, as applicable) ITIL v3 Foundations
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in a Network-related field
- Demonstrated, hands-on technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPCs, VPNs, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls
- At least 2 years of experience with customer-facing cloud projects (AWS preferred)
- Highly technical and analytical possessing 2+ years of IT platform implementation experience
- A strong understanding of AWS/cloud-based technologies with a desire to learn more
- Current hands-on implementation experience migrating on-premises applications to AWS
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in a progression of roles to include delivering and sustaining technical and cloud solutions
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
- Basic understanding of DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Proven experience in communicating and demonstrating the value of technical solutions to a variety of stakeholders to address complex and competing drivers in complex technical environments
- Depth of understanding of data management and security
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Amazon Web Services