The ideal candidate must possess the ability to manage and motivate a team of Account Executives (AE's) to achieve individual sales quotas within our growing Education business. This role will sell into Higher Education and Research Institutions, securing net-new relationships as well as expanding upon existing clients. This sales leader must be able to build, coach and mentor winning sales teams. This includes the ability to measure, monitor and hold AE's accountable for pipeline, month-to-month linearity and closing on business. This individual will lead by example, including cultivation of new business, collaborating with the AE on cold calls and strategically assist in account health monitoring/progression. This leader will mentor each AE individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the VP, Commercial Verticals.
- Grow Company GNMRR within the corporate sales account install base
- Daily management of Account Executive sales team
- Develops & executes upgrade/renewal process & strategies and ensures compliance to internal data management & reporting including use of Salesforce.com
- Assesses sales activities & forecasts to determine sales progress & required improvements. Recommends & implements improvements to achieve sales goals.
- Coach salespeople to develop their sales skills including vertical market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, & other necessary skills; while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Maintain/protect Company core values by hiring culturally aligned team members & leading by example.
- Provides value in complex negotiations & the closing of new business, including appropriate use of Senior Sales & Corporate Executives to maximize results
- Work with each AE to develop & implement vertical-wide business & sales plans to achieve sales quota
- Ensures the team effectively leverages sales tools & systems consistently & in alignment with Rules of Engagement.
- Communicates & prioritizes product & business needs from the field to appropriate corporate departments.
- Identifies & supports opportunities for the training & professional development of department personnel.
- Provides the sales team an effective sales executive to leverage in the sales cycle.
- Operates well in a fast paced, dynamic environment without requiring significant supervision.
- BA/BS in a business or a technical related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 5 - 7 years of management experience with an enterprise or midmarket level software sales model.
- 7 '" 10 years overall experience in selling software.
- Ability to travel upwards of 50%, potentially coast to coast.
- Prior experience selling into or leading teams that sell into Higher Education, ideally cloud-based software. Minimum of 3 years prior leadership experience required.
- Proven year-of-year of quota attainment. Knowledge of the software sales cycles & necessary reporting '" includes forecasting, planning, CRM accuracy, business reviews, routine and strategic reporting, presentations to executive level and cross-functional staff.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate & close complex contracts, ideally within a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in successful resolution of situations that are broadly defined, complex, diverse, & occasionally, unprecedented.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, both verbal & written '" including attention to detail, accuracy in forecasts and reporting.
- Able to identify new, creative ways to drive more businesses to purchase & utilize Company 's diverse solution suite.