A career in our Innovation Development practice, within Innovation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients' redesign, redefine, and redeploy their assurance and/or tax departments to be a strategic asset across the enterprise. You'll focus on assisting clients as they incorporate increased automation, machine learning, data & analytics, Open Source technologies into their processes to deliver better quality output and contribute more strategically to organisational decision making.Our team helps our clients create a guided path to innovation by developing the right methods that generate insight based ideas, and to select, produce and commercialise the most valuable and viable results. You’ll focus on software driven innovation strategy, software technology diligence, operating model design, software product planning and management, and software architecture and cloud strategy.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Management Information Systems, Computer and Information Science, Engineering
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of proven success in roles involving Technology Consulting and/or the Tax industry
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems
Microsoft certification (e.g. MCSD, MCAD, MCPD)
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in roles leading a team of developers or as an individual contributor, designing, developing and performing the maintenance of complex business application systems. Which include the following areas:
- Working alone or as part of a team to design and build quality software solutions, leveraging information about the purpose of the software or functionality being built;
- Building solutions that meet the requirements and acceptance criteria;
- Determining the best implementation approach considering build time, flexibility and performance;
- Anticipating potential problems and proactively suggesting solutions;
- Respectfully challenging solutions and bringing new ideas to the team;
- Discussing work with stakeholders inside and outside the development team;
- Programming solutions which meet client needs that are aligned with product architecture and strategy;
- Utilizing extensive analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills, with focused attention to detail and quality; and,
- Taking ownership of tasks and completing them with minimal direct supervision.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success leading a team of developers and working independently to solve complex business problems by interpreting requirements, developing new reporting and analytics solutions as well as supporting go-to market solutions in the areas of SSAP, dashboarding, visualization, mobile deployment and predictive analytics as well as the following:
- Leveraging technical domain area(s) and contributing to the development of AI related technologies and Data Science;
- Utilizing solution delivery methodologies including traditional SDLC and Agile; and,
- Implementing machine learning technologies and using statistical methods and decision science functions.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Development expertise in at least 2 scripting languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, Perl, Scala;
- Technical knowledge in SQL, NoSQL and ETL; - Analytics tools such as R-Library, SAS, SPSS, RapidMiner, Knime or similar tools;
- Deployment experience with analytical applications in cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Openstack, AO, SAP HEC or similar cloud providers;
- Data modeling, both logical and physical models and extensive knowledge of relational databases, as well as at least an understanding of in-memory databases such as Exadata, HANA, Blue, Hadoop, Netezza or similar offerings;
- Security Development Lifecycle, Source Control; and,
- Development background in C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web Api, Linq.
Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:- innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements
Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.